Newbie stubborness

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sounds to me like the exact description of left leaning liberals...just insane/crazy mentalities and logic. I think it is a game to them...they can't really believe what they are saying can they?
That's how I feel about right wing snowflakes nutcases.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Must be my lovable ancestry coming to play. Or my lack of English skills. Havent had a class in decades so maybe I am loosing understanding of the language

Id wager that some misinterpret efficiency in language use as being a dick. I run into the same thing with work emails. Sometimes you just dont want to type a paragraph when a sentence or two gets the point across.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Sometimes you just dont want to type a paragraph when a sentence or two gets the point across.

That's.

Right.

Still have to learn, because putting forward arguments, debating, explaining a point of view is essential to have a really sound communication between people who don't share the same opinions, and everyone knows how damaging it can be in a community when people don't understand each other. Etc.

And you know, short people have long faces, and....

Can't resist, I just love this:

Last edited:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Didn't read the whole thread, just the messages on this page.

But :
1/ French people are all different : I wouldn't put So., VaW., P.P., or BN in the same bag (no need to tell names, let's spare another inflame)
2/ I remember what my mother said when I was a teen and we were watching a French politician on TV, a "prince" from the Poland at the time of Napoleon I : "He's a real polack, always ready to pick up a fight with anyone, ^^". Must be genetic 🤩
3/ Er, what's the question again ?
Ohw.. You french. Always forgetting!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you de-rail, don't fuss.
As moderator the magical Sorce, will show up and
clean as the topic goes to the archives.

I would suggest, since Greg is so decent. donate
say 50 to 100 US when he needs it to keep the site running.
Good Day
Anthony

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Always forgetting!

Forgetting, forgiving...

It's just that I don't understand why I'm at the center of a discussion that I've never read before, except the few messages on this page : I'd like to know why I'm the punching-ball in a discussion I didn't participate before being mentioned.

So : "what's the question again ?"

Am I so "important" in a debate?

Frankly, I don't think so, everone knows how I can slip off the road, even when there is no frost. And I know how unimportant I am in everyone's microcosm. There is a french word that we all can understand if we speak French/English/ and many Romanese languages : distance. We don't have much distance from our keyboard, but hopefully, we can a have a distance from what we read, or wrote.

OK, what's a "Totem"?

I am a Totem, the symbol of a different clan, yet, linked with the other clans. The one you can pray (huh, huh) or blame (...).

A raven ? Raving mad, or ?

Whetung-Clarenece-Mills-Haida-Raven-3_1024x1024.jpg

Not really, although this could be my clan, but I belong to the Maple Leaf Community :cool:

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
some people just want to get their message count high, so they spew and spew.
Nuh uh.

Must be my lovable ancestry coming to play. Or my lack of English skills. Havent had a class in decades so maybe I am loosing understanding of the language

"Losing"

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
"it's like a game to them" comment perfectly described the MAGA cult.
Wouldn’t they have to have a grasp of reality first, before they could decide whether to turn it into a game? Whenever I feel bad about our self destruction all I have to do is catch up with stuff across the pond... ;)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Put him on ignore.
I did after that post.

Does that mean that I can't read M. Fray's posts now?

I would miss them, it's not that they're very entertaining, but it's often a good opportunity to have a different point of view, to try and understand how these people work. It's always a good occasion to point out how wrong they are about various subjects not related to bonsai, like ... Too long to make a list of the various examples about history, science, infantile creeds, etc.

There are people here with whom I suspect I don't share essential values but from whom, at least once in a while, find some useful info on bonsai. That's why no one is on my "ignore" list.

Another reason why I think this is stoopid is that if people ignore me and I don't, I will learn more about them than what they can learn from me 🤩

Last, but not least, it's not part of my upbringings to ignore people. 90% of the time, we exchange smiles, sometimes we have a clash when arguing about any subject.

I think that when someone "ignores" a person, they're rather rude, have no education, or most of the time that they are cowards, Lame ignorants who don't know how to end a dispute by saying something as neutral and dignified as "I don't know".

I mean, running a way means that flight is the solution. Like birds flying off a tree when you clap your hand, this is a fun thing to do in late summer in places I've been to in Southern France : hundreds of birds (common starlings) flying away when you clap your hands in an empty street...

Some get lost: these birds, (Sturnus vulgaris), have a habit of feeding on grapes when migratring to the south.

If the grapes are ripe and full of sugar when they come, some of it has begun fermenting and contains a small level of alcohol, but enough to make thes "Etourneaux" dead drunk, lying winds spread apart in the dust, completely drunk !

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Not sure how some of you took what I said a bit back. I was certainly not referring to anyone on this site but was referring to the extreme, left leaning liberals that run the State I live in. I am certainly not a "right wing snowflakes nutcase".

I agree with Alan K...
"I think that when someone "ignores" a person, they're rather rude, have no education, or most of the time that they are cowards, Lame ignorants who don't know how to end a dispute by saying something as neutral and dignified as "I don't know".

I mean, running a way means that flight is the solution."

I would never consider putting someone on ignore just because I don't happen to agree with them. That's a little childish in my book!

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
N.B. Best advised to stay away from politics and religion on an open forum. People get sensitive about that stuff and it can change their perception of your cyber self in an instant.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I try to avoid any talks of religion, politics, nationalism, racial issues or even sports. I think they are all egocentric and if we are honest we all have egos that could be tamed a bit. Even my posting this is egocentric but sometimes it can be nearly inpossible to avoid.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
People get sensitive about that stuff and it can change their perception of your cyber self in an instant.

Buuuuuuuut.....

Fuck what someone thinks about our selves, cyber or otherwise!

Left....right....

I'll feed em both!

Sorce

Top Bottom