Newbie stubborness

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
change their perception of your cyber self in an instant.

Some people feel that way about letting dogs lick your face!😅

But it's safer than the worm that gets in your brain from felines, making you cat shit Crazy!

Meow!

Sorce

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Buuuuuuuut.....

Fuck what someone thinks about our selves, cyber or otherwise!

Left....right....

I'll feed em both!

Sorce
I would generally agree, however for me this forum is a vast source of potential info. And given human nature I wouldn't want to wall off info because someone didn't like me. It's not about popularity or acceptance. It's about the potential impact of a seasoned pro who knows better than to do what I post but holds his tongue because "Fuck that guy. Let him learn the hard way."

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Is it me just running into odd persons, or do we get an unusual number of overly assertive new users lately?
Cuz anti-establishment is in.
It's been a year. I still consider myself a newbie. I use that as an excuse for all the dead trees I leave behind me. The only thing I can assert is my lack knowledge and willingness to be taught.

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
potential impact of a seasoned pro who knows better than to do what I post but holds his tongue

Heard, but there are better people to follow than these "seasoned pros".
Most don't post here.

Sorce

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Heard, but there are better people to follow than these "seasoned pros".
Most don't post here.

Sorce
Maybe so, but I don't have a few grand to drop going to classes held by Boon or some Master in Japan. We have Vance Wood and Walter Pall freely giving out info. I don't know many people in the Bonsai world but I do know their names. (No offense to any highly regarded folks I may not know). I'm ignorant as hell regarding this art, so I rely on information others have obtained.

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Maybe so, but I don't have a few grand to drop going to classes held by Boon or some Master in Japan. We have Vance Wood and Walter Pall freely giving out info. I don't know many people in the Bonsai world but I do know their names. (No offense to any highly regarded folks I may not know). I'm ignorant as hell regarding this art, so I rely on information others have obtained.
You might refer to this page for highly regarded members

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
But it's safer than the worm that gets in your brain from felines, making you cat shit Crazy!
Yep that explains a lot about my sister...

I’m with @PABonsai though. That’s what I meant about your cyber self. Try not to piss people off too much and the internet is mostly willing to help. Stay neutralish, and humble and folk don’t care who you are off a computer. Especially on a forum which should be as benign as a bonsai forum.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now hm.. why would that be..

Reckon they're poor internet communicators.

don't have a few grand

Amen!

Or not! Lol!

neutralish

You can be neutral as you want, people who are scared of tarnishing their ego will certainly push you into gear!

Sorce

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
N.B. Best advised to stay away from politics and religion on an open forum. People get sensitive about that stuff and it can change their perception of your cyber self in an instant.

Sorry, I'll remember that. Was not aware. Apologize if I offended anyone. Slap my face! This forum and the info/help I get is way more valuable than me expressing any political or religious view

Last edited:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am not sure I would recommend user stats as a recommendation for highly regarded. Some people on this site who I feel really show great skill and very good examples of how get certain goals are not in the top posters, to mind come e.g. @markyscott or @MACH5 or walter pall. Others who posts and do not really show convincing trees do make these lists by sheer volume or disputable posts.

Reckon they're poor internet communicators
I could imagine an alternative explanation. E.g., they do not feel like entering pissing competitions with every noob on the planet who thinks every opinion is equally valuable?

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorce, it's not about ego. Like I said. It isn't because "oooh I wish they all liked me." It's because (for example) I don't want @Vance Wood to see my Mugo and never tell me that if I trunk chop It'll die because one day three weeks ago I said something and pissed him off.

^^^General example, not to be confused with real life scenario.

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Forgive me, I thought you were hinting it was my fault, I was lumping you in with all the other recent rock throwers who can't answer pertinent questions directly.

I forgot most of these ladies and gentlemen don't get as offended and egobroken as some.

That said, our most interesting thread on trees, the tree thread, is hard to conversate on.

The rest of the trees are either shit, or going in a "professional direction", so no need for conversations.

It is the few trees, and people, who are open to all thoughts for the sake of learning that really keep us going. Those are quite few.

Sorce

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorce, it's not about ego. Like I said. It isn't because "oooh I wish they all liked me." It's because (for example) I don't want @Vance Wood to see my Mugo and never tell me that if I trunk chop It'll die because one day three weeks ago I said something and pissed him off.

^^^General example, not to be confused with real life scenario.
I think you will find that very few on this side hold grudges. A small group of 10 or so.members regularly do a mental challenge to eachother, which may or may not include a long term history. But for people open to input i do not think there is a lot of effect of a persons site history when it comes to responses

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Forgive me, I thought you were hinting it was my fault, I was lumping you in with all the other recent rock throwers who can't answer pertinent questions directly.
Lol, i have no idea what you are trying ro say here :)

You see me as a rock throwers?
You think I evade questions?
Or you think I was hackling you?

I try to avoid playing a person, rather look at content. And I know very few people ob this site that i really do not think have an idea what they do. You are not on my list of people that i just do not listen to.

Sort through the shit and you may find hidden gold.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I will admit that I am sometimes wrong but.

Very..

Very rarely......

Because I either keep my mouth shut or say I don't know and tag someone who I think does......

But remember......

I am Dutch........

And if it ain't Dutch well then......

It ain't much

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think you will find that very few on this side hold grudges. A small group of 10 or so.members regularly do a mental challenge to eachother, which may or may not include a long term history. But for people open to input i do not think there is a lot of effect of a persons site history when it comes to responses
Well, I've been all around the internet and you never know. Human nature is a strong thing. I've seen plenty of internet hatred spewed about everything from religion to politics to sports and individual people. I wasn't implying anyone here DOES hold grudges, I just meant it as an example of the point I was making. About walling off knowledge "just because"

Last edited:

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lol, i have no idea what you are trying ro say here :)

You see me as a rock throwers?
You think I evade questions?
Or you think I was hackling you?

I try to avoid playing a person, rather look at content. And I know very few people ob this site that i really do not think have an idea what they do. You are not on my list of people that i just do not listen to.

Sort through the shit and you may find hidden gold.
eigenlijk vind je misschien gewoon veel meer uitwerpselen.

Ik vind dat je dan gewoon kunstmest moet maken.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The rest of the trees are either shit, or going in a "professional direction", so no need for conversations.
Maybe I should update some of my thread. Not all my trees are shit. None of them are semi pro. So lots to talk about.

I suppose you are right though. More trees. More discussion. But on trees. Not on who does what right and who has no clue. Lets leave the assessment also to the OPs?

Top Bottom