Nice extra high DIY turntable

Random User

Reaction score
... yes, so sit in front of a door jamb and make a mark at eye level... then stand up and make a mark at eye level... measure the difference... for me, the difference is 18". I would highly doubt that anyone would do all of their work sitting as opposed to standing, or vice versa...

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
OMG, a carpeted bonsai room? You must be way neater than I am when working your trees.
Nice stand.
CW
Thanks.
Mainly wanted it for wiring trees.
No reason I can’t lay plastic and repot though.Just cannot water them inside.
I may build a separate repotting table,or just use the turntable.I am applying a waterproof urethane to a new top I got.18” round!

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Done for now!
Found an 18” round craft board at Lowe’s.I put some waterproof urethane on it.
And sealed it to the existing smaller board that came with it with some Liquid Nails.
Does the job for me.Not bad for about $100.
Will come in handy,so I can wire trees indoors in the AC.Will be lots of that!!!;)
The main reason I went this route is the extended 37” height.
C1496A53-4F66-42A8-A196-EF3895F153A2.jpeg6DCE6E28-CAAE-4C29-9379-D0366E2E4CDD.jpegCECB7C95-A144-45C5-9F6C-73E1D9C8B368.jpeg

Last edited:

jradics

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I have some trees that are just too heavy to mess with every time I want to turn them, so I use the swivel seat bases off of small fishing boats on my benches. There are lockable and free spinning types. If you want a lockable turntable base for trimming trees they are very sturdy (obviously) and somewhat weather proof, but some are stiffer to turn than others.

I think they would be good to bolt to the top of the hydraulic platforms many people use on this site for transporting trees. If you are observant when you buy them, some have a hole in the centre and some are solid. The hole is a handy feature because once the top is screwed in place and the tree is on top, the hole (once you drill it through the plywood top) will allow the excess water to drain off/through... I've rigged up a system where I have a 5/8' automotive heater hose off of the bottom of each turntable, and the run-off is captured for other non-important plants, or simply directed away from other trees below it. Note: The hole is not 5/8" through the swivel... it's more like 2".

The lockable type:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...oat-seat-12-way-locking-swivel-base?a=1174769

The non-lock able type just don't have the locking handle.

What I consider the less desirable sold type:

https://www.seaflo-uk.com/marine-bo...ng-turntable-75301-fishing-cruiser-5385-p.asp
yeah but do you have carpet in your bonsai room?

Top Bottom