Nice Orbit watering wand from Costco

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
About 2 years ago I bought a set of Orbit Professional watering wand w/ turret head, turret pistol, and adjustable pistol. I also came with solid brass quick release/change attachments (same as you would see on air powered/pneumatic shop tools).

Kept it unused until my cheap Dramm watering wand broke this weekend. The aluminum pipe just gave way at the flared end. What a cheap design.

I tried the Orbit wand and immediately notice the BIG difference in quality. Hint: brass is much better than crimped metal or plastic connectors. ;) The trigger works very well and even have a locking ("on") pin you can easily deploy if you wish. There is also a separate valve to control water flow. The ratcheting head gives you multiple spray configuration. A bit bulky but love the flexibility. Mine is also telescoping.

I haven't tried the rest of the set yet but I believe the wand alone is worth what I paid for the set. BTW, it also comes with 6 year warranty.

Not Masakuni but if you are a Costco member, I highly recommend checking it out. :)

Orbit-Heavy-Duty-Watering-Set-Costco-2-640x480.jpg

Last edited:

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love my masakunis watering wands, but I have had one split open last year on its side. They are not perfect either. California bonsai is the only place I have found them if anyone is interested in getting one. They are my favorite bonsai tool. I used them with a copper dramm shut off valve.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I attempted to use the Hozon with this yesterday and it won't work! :( I think the flow is very slow. I need to tinker with it...otherwise, I need to replace the wand when I am fertilizing. That would suck! :p :mad:

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I attempted to use the Hozon with this yesterday and it won't work! :( I think the flow is very slow. I need to tinker with it...otherwise, I need to replace the wand when I am fertilizing. That would suck! :p :mad:

Or change the intake size of the hozon perhaps?

Grimmy

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Or change the intake size of the hozon perhaps?

Grimmy

I have another wand (did I say I am a tool hoarder? :p ) that I used and it worked. The only thing that changed is the out flow volume.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just realized...it won't matter much if I use the quick release connectors. I can swap wands in 2 seconds! :cool:

Top Bottom