Nick Lenz exhibition?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi all,

I remember seeing a banner somewhere about a nick lenz special show in Washington I think.

Does anyone here know about this? He was such an out of the box artist, it makes me consider crossing the pond for..

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw an add on FB, search there
Yeah, i am pretty sure that is where I ran into it. I was kind of hoping that people on here know more. Pulling a show like that off will have to have a few dozen people involved, considering the trees are spread around now.

Guess I am looking for enough info to decide whether I indeed want to come over for the show. Considering I still have all my holiday leave for the year, i was looking for a break anyway..

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty sure @Owen Reich was a catalyst for that show. Or at least had a large part to do with it.
That did it! https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/alt-bonsai-a-nick-lenz-retrospective.39458/

Now if Owen does show here.. would love to hear what to expect with regard to trees, pots, number of exhibits.. such a touch decision to make!! I hate to fly these distances for just a few days, but I would love to see this show!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That did it! https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/alt-bonsai-a-nick-lenz-retrospective.39458/

Now if Owen does show here.. would love to hear what to expect with regard to trees, pots, number of exhibits.. such a touch decision to make!! I hate to fly these distances for just a few days, but I would love to see this show!
I mean, in regards to just going to the show, I’d imagine it would absolutely be worth it. But coming all the way from Germany is a legit commitment! I feel like if you plan out a number of other bonsai or even personal related events, you could fill up your itinerary real quick. A North American Bonsai retreat of sorts. The fact that it runs for an extended period of time makes a huge difference in the planning of your trip.

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
Ok, I’ve been summoned 😂. The exhibition will feature a number of his most famous bonsai, sculpture, and other art. Should be the highest concentration of his work properly displayed for the public (I believe a show like this was carried out regionally a while back but not sure).

It will be worth coming to see. I’m driving from Nashville to northern Minnesota to to Dayton toD8B17035-3AD4-40F2-A3E0-4B4986CCA999.png

DC and probably elsewhere to pick up displays soon.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, the information is on the National Bonsai and Penjing Museum Website.

And like I said in another D.C.-centric post, if you're here this week, getting around town might be a little more complicated Mon. Oct. 14-Wed. Oct.16 because of the Nationals/Cardinals NLCS. The ballpark is over towards the National Arboretum (not in the same neighborhood, but on the way, if you're using some of the Interstates...Be prepared for traffic.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Cards are goin' down in four.
😁
If they don't get their heads out of their asses, I'm afraid you may be right, unfortunately. 😖 But then again, no one expected the Blues to win the Stanley Cup either.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Decided to take a break and visit. I am going to visit 14, 15, 16 nov. If anyone is there around those days would love to meet and visit together.
Any other tips on what a bonsaifanatic can do in DC .. let me know!

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
The exhibit is pretty good , even if you don’t like his artwork. As I said in my other post, his technique is quite amazing. But then again, I don’t know much about anything. So don’t take my word for it. :)

Top Bottom