USDA Zone
Looking for a tamarack Darlene?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looking for a tamarack Darlene?

Not sure which variety of larch actually...but I like the soft needles. I plan on putting a weeping one eventually in the yard. But, I must admit...they appeal to me. I worry when fall comes I might wig out over foliage change. If it's natural foliage change or dead tree. That is the only thing keeping me on the ledge as to if I want to take the plunge. But, I think it will be worth it.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ahhh. But when it changes color in the fall that's when they are really beautiful. I don't know much about European or Japanese larch but the American model is very cool. No worrying about wintering. Grows like it's angry. Easy to transplant or repot. Easy to collect. If you want one P.M. me and we'll see what can be done. I'll be probably digging close to 100 next spring from 1/2" to 4"to5" trunks.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ahhh. But when it changes color in the fall that's when they are really beautiful. I don't know much about European or Japanese larch but the American model is very cool. No worrying about wintering. Grows like it's angry. Easy to transplant or repot. Easy to collect. If you want one P.M. me and we'll see what can be done. I'll be probably digging close to 100 next spring from 1/2" to 4"to5" trunks.

Is the Tamarack the American variety?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
"Penelope" is now living happily in Canada, BUT she is returning "home" to the US to be displayed in the 4th US National Bonsai Exhibition on September 13-14, 2014 in Rochester, NY.

Come enjoy her unique beauty as well as over 200 of the finest bonsai from throughout the United States.

More information at:

http://www.internationalbonsai.com/store/1708315/National_Exhibition/index.html

or contact me at:

wnv@internationalbonsai.com

Just those two days? I need to see if it's a weekend. ;) Thanks for the heads up...good to know!

timeleft

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow that is some truly amazing art. Thank you for sharing that

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Of course that's a weekend!

Penelope will only be on display in the USA for two days at the US National Bonsai Exhibition.

Come admire her beauty…..

Bill

Top Bottom