Nigel saunders bonsai zone [unpopular opinion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Also... anyone else catch the “tags”?... OP gave Nigel an affectionate nickname...

38212EE7-8599-4E37-9EB0-6DBBF1C6CD3B.png
Good ol’ “Nige”.

😍

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
have to respect the objectivity in a sense too -in the dog eat dog private sector- (where true performance is make or break and real)
that his views and subscribers earn him an income. if people werent attracted to what he offers, or if it were truly garbage, he wouldnt be able to live off it and make $$$$$$$ ($2,000 - $5,000 a month id guess)

hes onto something and if he werent, hed be working at the local hardware or gas station part time in his retirement, not pumping out bonsai videos

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Or he might be running for president, be a bank director or have an IT company, or...
Haha! I think ONE of these might actually be true... or WAS..

I remember him speaking of his “real life” (outside/PRE-bonsai) He’s intelligent, organized and methodical. I imagine he was quite “successful” WITHOUT Youtube viewers... FIRST. ;)

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I remember him speaking of his “real life” (outside/PRE-bonsai) He’s intelligent, organized and methodical. I imagine he was quite “successful” WITHOUT Youtube viewers... FIRST. ;)
Just wanted to point out that some people are just fed up with the rat-race, and choose another style of life. He comes across as someone who has choosen a path and the alternative was not a sweep-assist.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
All I will say is that in this day of social media, it is impossible to please everyone. I even try to be nice on this site, and yet I still end up mixing it up with people, or rubbing some folks the wrong way. In the case of @Nigel Saunders , I just hope he continues to be true to himself, and people can opt in or opt out.

I would certainly love to meet him in person, and have him over for a beer!

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
All I will say is that in this day of social media, it is impossible to please everyone. I even try to be nice on this site, and yet I still end up mixing it up with people, or rubbing some folks the wrong way. In the case of @Nigel Saunders , I just hope he continues to be true to himself, and people can opt in or opt out.

Same, but only if he brings his pet squirrel. Ive watched pretty much all his videos and just skip the car stuff, the bike stuff, the craft stuff, and watch his tree videos. I enjoyed the plant room renovation, being in the constructiom field myself, and some of the orchard videos.

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
It’s difficult to find someone on YouTube that is perfect for anyone. I used to watch Nigel a lot but after he said “ I don’t ied my tree down when repotting”, I stopped watching. It’s something I don’t believe in and can’t agree with personally. However, he did offer some knowledge to me in the past on tropical species. I don’t think he’s fake or evil at all.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I dont know who NIgel is nor who this Bravura Bonsai person is that apparently just made an account on here to slam some UTube competitor
I am however amazed that this thread is 9 pages long...

">via GIPHY</a></p>

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

agreed

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have recently seen posts of a guy killing cuttings by the dozens because this person cannot follow prooven processes. This person even posts it on youtube. irks me to read and watch. You would think youtube would be more selective on what they allow on their side.
Touche

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nigel's cool, but if anyone dares say anything negative about Peter Chan I'll come to your house and we'll have words. That guy is a treasure.
Hahaha if you are peter chan i will die. That guy is the essense of bonsai. Its like he doesnt even have to think about it. He sees the 3d cross section over time and just pulls it out of the tree. People who arent looking at things with a critical eye will completely miss the whole point of that guys channel. He is more than a treasure. He is an artist. And so is nigel. I can be a fan of the other and despise the other (strong word there is only used for contrast nigel is cool he didnt do anything to anyone people shouldn't get into their feels so fast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom