Nigel saunders bonsai zone [unpopular opinion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sno

Mame
Reaction score
dutch oven
1. (Australian slang) The act of having a whole group of friends (or fellow potheads) bundle up into a car (preferably a full passenger load) and all smoking marijuana, preferably with the windows wound up, as to have the car's interior thick with both a bong haze and steam from the bods sitting in the said vehicle! And having no fresh air coming in, one can get get stoned both on the toke and the haze. Great in a panel van too!

cornfed

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
dutch oven
1. (Australian slang) The act of having a whole group of friends (or fellow potheads) bundle up into a car (preferably a full passenger load) and all smoking marijuana, preferably with the windows wound up, as to have the car's interior thick with both a bong haze and steam from the bods sitting in the said vehicle! And having no fresh air coming in, one can get get stoned both on the toke and the haze. Great in a panel van too!
Best done in college after a fresh snow. Carefully open and close the doors so as to not knock any snow off and expose yourself.

We called it a "Hot Box."

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Best done in college after a fresh snow. Carefully open and close the doors so as to not knock any snow off and expose yourself.

We called it a "Hot Box."

Thats all ive ever heard it called. “Hot boxing”

I always thought a “dutch oven” was when you farted in bed and put the covers over your wife/husband/other’s head. Other than the actual cooking device dutch oven.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I watch all of them and grumble at their assorted foibles and faux pauxs. If people like you had their way there would be nothing to watch on the INTERNET, nothing would be able to follow your high standards, or offer a path away from the paucity we suffer presently by not being you. I know you probably don't like fishing and this particular can of worms may not be your forte but you tend to get what you give.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
dutch oven
🤪

Sooo innocent here!
1617861068765.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
You can have an opinion, as do we. That's the thing, we don't have to like yours and you don't have to like ours.
But it's kind of hypocritical to vent an opinion and then complain about the response from others.

I'm all for free speech, even hate speech, even lies. I also am all for free speech (not actions) in response. It either goes two ways, or not at all. No action, no reaction. If we accept one but not the other, we're forcing ideas into obscurity where they can grow to unhealthy heights.

Here in the colder parts of Europe we don't sugar coat and carry our opinion openly. We complain, we vent, we are grumpy, and we accept others to be the same too. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I can't like you. It doesn't mean I can never agree with you again.
You sound like a guy i can have a fist fight with then have a beer with after.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Serious question from a noob to this forum.
Is there a thread for recommended YouTube Bonsai Channels?
My current favourites are.
1. Blue Sky Bonsai
2. Heron (Peter Chan)
3. Gro Bonsai
4. Eastern Leaf
Please dont do this? Im sure you can if you want to but let's talk about Nigel Saunders?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The series that really put me off was when he made Martian soil and tried to grow “bonsai” in it. I think that once winter forces him to move his trees inside he has to come up with something else to do videos on. This year his rebuild of the porch killed a lot of his late summer plant work but it was somewhat interesting. I also am not all that enamored of his work on the neighborhood garden. But the stuff on the old truck is interesting until he overdoes that. And it is also interesting when he starts digging around in the back yard—he has an old Porche 211 stashed out there to be restored! I find it a bit funny that his neighbor put up a privacy fence that is between 8-10’ tall so they don’t have to look at the junk in the back yard.
That Porsche would be so interesting

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm going to come to the rescue of @Bravura Bonsai here, because I recently had a similar experience.

I have only subscribed to one YouTube channel, and believe it or not, it was to a channel for someone in NY who did micro-electronic repairs. In other words, you take him your broken iPad that you dropped in the tub, and the guy would diagnose the problem and fix it. And we're not talking "swap out a few parts" - we're talking, micro-solder and remove bad components, and replace with new components - all for a fraction of the price that Apple would charge for a repair. The fun factor of his streams was that Apple doesn't like people repairing their products unless they are Apple employees. So there is a nice David versus Goliath thing going on... between a corporate giant and a guy who, in many cases, knows more about their hardware than company employees themselves. Good watching!

However... he became successful. Soon it wasn't about micro-electronics repair, and suddenly his videos became open mike night where he would be talking about his political views, or why big corporations suck, or why government over-reaches and fails. Now I may or many not agree with his views. But I was like "dude... this is not why I subscribed! I want to see some micro-electronics work... not hear your views about the man keeping you down!" Ultimately I unsubscribed.

I don't hate the guy. But I hate what he did.
I need you to follow me around and paraphrase what i say. Mu friends and girlfriend do that. They always chime in and say "what he actually meant was this" and then the other person usually breathes a sigh of relief because i misrepresented my thoughts and feelings in the moment. That is an issue that i am aware i need to work on. I dont know nigel and this is not personal. I dont know him. I have seen all his videos though. All. Of. Them.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is an issue that i am aware i need to work on.

You're a thousand steps ahead of some folks then!

I didn't think you were a bad person, then I may have thought you were, now I understand....ish.

Anyway, what sucks most is that folks can read this but still won't give you credit for it. Still won't treat you like a human.

The only thing worse than cookie cutter trees is cookie cutter people!

Stay you!

Sorce

tinusje

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That is insane. I love that song. Never really listened to the songtext. Let alone, thought about it!
I am using English not being my primary language as an excuse!
It's not a song about smoking pot (there are many others, wich I like :)), this song is about poverty. Dutchie in this song is regarding a traditional cooking pot.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It's not a song about smoking pot (there are many others, wich I like :)), this song is about poverty. Dutchie in this song is regarding a traditional cooking pot.
That’s what you’re MEANT to think...

The consensus, at least the last time I was in Belize, talking to the Jamaican workforce behind the tourism industry.. is still pretty “split”.. it depends when you where born.. at least how the song is TAKEN...

It WAS “Pass the Kutchie (Cigarette with Tobacco/MJ)... it BECAME “Pass the Dutchie (the traditional cooking pot you mentioned)” as a RADIO edit.. but THEEEEN “Dutchie” was how it expanded in the popular culture.. representing the poverty and food shortages of the times...

So.. depending on how you view time... As a Tralfamadorian, myself...

BOTH are correct... sort of.

🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom