Nihon Bonsai Taikanten

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Anybody on BNut going? I'm gonna try to catch Julian Tsai. I missed the show last year. My trips have ne'er been bonsai, but somehow bonsai always turns out to be a big chunk of it ?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Post lots of pics Martin. Have fun and safe travels. Taikan-ten exhibit is pretty fantastic. Perhaps second only to Kokufu-ten. Say hi to Bill. Not sure how he does it. He'll be back by next week only to make the long drive down to Kannapolis for the Winter Silhouette Expo!

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Love the life without small kids... No wonder haven't seen you around lately. Enjoy my bro.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Post lots of pics Martin. Have fun and safe travels. Taikan-ten exhibit is pretty fantastic. Perhaps second only to Kokufu-ten. Say hi to Bill. Not sure how he does it. He'll be back by next week only to make the long drive down to Kannapolis for the Winter Silhouette Expo!
I'm hoping they will allow pictures!

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I didnt take a whole lot of pictures as I know for a fact Julian, @bleumeon has better pictures already taken of the fantastic trees. I'll post some later. Dont expect too many pictures from me though. I really only took a few here and there. With the lighting the way it is, you need a proper camera.
20181124_094525.jpg

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Th
I love the perspective you took your pictures with, you really feel how powerful they are!
Thanks、Judy. This is how I appreciate bonsai. I like to focus at each part of the tree from different points of view. I really feel like I'm next to an ancient tree. Last several years、I'm living deciduous bonsai more and more than conifers.

Last edited:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Th

Thanks、Judy. This is how I appreciate bonsai. I like to focus at each part of the tree from different points of view. I really feel like I'm next to an ancient tree. Last several years、I'm living deciduous bonsai more and more than conifers.
I feel you. D is the bomb.

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I love the perspective you took your pictures with, you really feel how powerful they are!

I’d echo what Judy wrote. I really like that you took your pictures from different angles. That gives me a feeling of engagement, as though I’m right there, looking under branches to admire the tree. Thank you!

Top Bottom