Nippon daisy at Lowes

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think I may substitute one of these big ones for the little one I'm screwing up...

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Question: Should I separate these plants now? The trunks are about 3/8” to 1/2”.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Question: Should I separate these plants now? The trunks are about 3/8” to 1/2”.
I wouldn't though it might not be a problem. I just feel that this time of the year, heel it in and wait for spring.

Woops! You live in a darn right tropical climate. Do what you want .... can't see it would hurt.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I might check out my Lowes later today. Thanks for the head up

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Standard nursery tag. If you need two for pollination that will say Grow 2 Together.
I was just making a joke about the grammar. I shop at Lowe's garden center WAY more than I should. That "Grow [number] Together" label actually means that you grow plants with matching numbers together in a garden. It's not referring to the number needed for pollination.

From: https://www.lowes.com/n/how-to/how-to-read-a-plant-tag-for-planting-instructions
  • The Lowe's Grow Together indicator helps you find different plants that grow well together. Just select plants with the same numbers on the tags.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I was just making a joke about the grammar. I shop at Lowe's garden center WAY more than I should. That "Grow [number] Together" label actually means that you grow plants with matching numbers together in a garden. It's not referring to the number needed for pollination.

From: https://www.lowes.com/n/how-to/how-to-read-a-plant-tag-for-planting-instructions
You are right. Thanks for the info.
PS: Does Grow 2 Together means Grow a pair?

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You are right. Thanks for the info.
PS: Does Grow 2 Together means Grow a pair?
Haha, "grow a pair." 😄 Not sure if you're joking or not. Sometimes it's hard to convey tone via typed words.

The way they label their plants, anything that says "Grow x Together", means it can be planted with anything else whose label also says "Grow x Together" as well. They don't have to be the same species. For instance, your Daisy's label says "Grow 1 Together", and the label for a Yellow Chrysanthemum also says "Grow 1 Together", meaning you can plant both the daisy and mum together in the same bed/area. If I had to take a guess, their "Grow Together" system matches plants based on if they have similar sunlight, water, and/or soil needs.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Haha, "grow a pair." 😄 Not sure if you're joking or not. Sometimes it's hard to convey tone via typed words.

The way they label their plants, anything that says "Grow x Together", means it can be planted with anything else whose label also says "Grow x Together" as well. They don't have to be the same species. For instance, your Daisy's label says "Grow 1 Together", and the label for a Yellow Chrysanthemum also says "Grow 1 Together", meaning you can plant both the daisy and mum together in the same bed/area. If I had to take a guess, their "Grow Together" system matches plants based on if they have similar sunlight, water, and/or soil needs.
I understand the Grow Together now. I live in the South. "Grow a pair" is a common saying around here. Some take it to the extreme and hang a brass pair on the back of their truck under the tow bar.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not all Lowes are the same. Went to check it out and they got none. Only the 'regular' yellow, burgundy and white mums. I also check out HD, and Houston Garden Center and Cornelius... none of them have it.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Not all Lowes are the same. Went to check it out and they got none. Only the 'regular' yellow, burgundy and white mums. I also check out HD, and Houston Garden Center and Cornelius... none of them have it.
I'm sorry man. Normally I would offer to buy some and bring to you. However, I don't have any plan to travel to Houston in the near future.

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Our landscape ones are getting leggy, can you cut them back?

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I live in the South. "Grow a pair" is a common saying around here. Some take it to the extreme and hang a brass pair on the back of their truck under the tow bar.
I've heard the saying. Figured as much you were cracking a joke. 😁👍

Top Bottom