Nippon Daisy

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Am not sure if someone already posted the link to Bill V's blog on this plant. Very interesting.

Why did I look into this today? That is because I have plenty of these now. What one suppose to do when seeing many of them are on their dead bed at Lowes? I did what many of us probably would do... save as many as you can. Feel kind of bad that I wasn't able to save all.

Cheers,
NN20211122_124759.jpg20211122_124749.jpg

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It is hard leaving plants behind when you suspect that you know their fate. My grocery store got in an early shipment of potted trees 3 weeks ago. Pinus pinea, Pinus halepensis, and some cypress. Haven't been watered since, new growth is drooping, needles are brittle. It's sad and it makes me wonder what the business model is there.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
i had 5 of them, a bit over half an inch thick each and they grew roots like crazy for me. maybe 10" tall each one

i didnt like how they normally shed lower section of leaves that constantly needed to be maintained to not look ratty
like a brown skirt hanging off the bottom of each leaf section. i removed the dead leafs a handful of times in the summer
but determined i wanted room on my bench of other specimens and got rid of all mine. i think its in their nature to die off on bottoms

they had some nice fall yellows i must say and a few of mine had buds but didnt flower, maybe should have kept one but
those dead sections needed more than a hand tear as well, or it was two handed at least or scissors
good experience nonetheless and i only paid under $10 for all of mine

good luck with yours, the old big ones are neat looking and wonderful flowers

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Newer post:

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Newer post:

Great, i can come back to this thread to read if I need more info. Thanks

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
i had 5 of them, a bit over half an inch thick each and they grew roots like crazy for me. maybe 10" tall each one

i didnt like how they normally shed lower section of leaves that constantly needed to be maintained to not look ratty
like a brown skirt hanging off the bottom of each leaf section. i removed the dead leafs a handful of times in the summer
but determined i wanted room on my bench of other specimens and got rid of all mine. i think its in their nature to die off on bottoms

they had some nice fall yellows i must say and a few of mine had buds but didnt flower, maybe should have kept one but
those dead sections needed more than a hand tear as well, or it was two handed at least or scissors
good experience nonetheless and i only paid under $10 for all of mine

good luck with yours, the old big ones are neat looking and wonderful flowers
I also started to like it more. Of course the flowers will help convince the wife for more garden space.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I got a couple from @Pitoon this spring/summer, I don't remember. They all bloomed, even the cuttings I took. They also backbud like crazy and thicken up quickly,

Top Bottom