nnplant.com gamble

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pond Basket/Colander or training pot? Heck...plant in ground even? I have a nice morning sun, afternoon/evening shade spot for either option.

At this point, whichever would be easiest to get it potted without messing with the roots too much would be the best right now.. You can repot it into something else that would be more ideal for training in 2 or 3 years.

Right now you want to focus on getting it over the hump of this less than ideal time for a repot.
Once it has recovered, is stable and growing well, you can focus on the next step.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
At this point, whichever would be easiest to get it potted without messing with the roots too much would be the best right now.. You can repot it into something else that would be more ideal for training in 2 or 3 years.

Right now you want to focus on getting it over the hump of this less than ideal time for a repot.
Once it has recovered, is stable and growing well, you can focus on the next step.
I'll probably just slip pot the remainder of soil and roots in a 2-3 gallon planter with cactus soil in that case.

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
ahh screw it, lets see what this gets us.
i'm curious now so I ordered it.
With shipping it was $42.
If it looks like the picture, thats a good price IMO. If not, well now we know!
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 8.27.47 PM.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
ahh screw it, lets see what this gets us.
i'm curious now so I ordered it.
With shipping it was $42.
If it looks like the picture, thats a good price IMO. If not, well now we know!
View attachment 395552
I was possibly going to order that next if I lose on the tree I bid on the 99 cent FB page. I love how the example photo is wired up😂

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
...you want to focus on getting it over the hump of this less than ideal time for a repot.
Do you think I could do some minor branch wiring next year at some point if it seems healthy enough? Nothing extreme.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
They have a bunch of other plants on their site as well. I was thinking about getting a 5 gallon Gardenia and maybe a couple other species. I don't have a landscape or bonsai nursery anywhere near me so this will be a fun source of cheap material when I feel like gambling a few bucks.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Update:

So I was bored and curious about the 3 Gallon JBP. I messaged them inquiring about it.

1630686041670.png

And that was their response. I went back to their website and the 1G and 3G JBP listings were removed. Either they only had 1 of each in stock and @Forrestford and I cleared them out, or one of you richies went and bought them out 🤣 Either way, I'll be keeping an eye on their future inventory. Although the tree that arrived wasn't quite like the image listed, and it was dug out of the pot before being shipped at the wrong time of the year, I feel like it was overall a pretty good deal. Coupled with the fast shipping and actual customer service response, I feel kind of guilty for prejudging them in the beginning.

Top Bottom