nnplant.com gamble

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Update:

So I was bored and curious about the 3 Gallon JBP. I messaged them inquiring about it.

View attachment 395609

And that was their response. I went back to their website and the 1G and 3G JBP listings were removed. Either they only had 1 of each in stock and @Forrestford and I cleared them out, or one of you richies went and bought them out 🤣 Either way, I'll be keeping an eye on their future inventory. Although the tree that arrived wasn't quite like the image listed, and it was dug out of the pot before being shipped at the wrong time of the year, I feel like it was overall a pretty good deal. Coupled with the fast shipping and actual customer service response, I feel kind of guilty for prejudging them in the beginning.
Right on. 🤞it’s a good gamble.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
healthy tree, garbage bonsai material.
ehh what can you do? You Win some, you lose some.
View attachment 397760
View attachment 397762
with those low branches, some (im no pine expert) might tell you that has a nice future

worst case, my coworker has a pitch pine as a patio plant in large container that turns heads

good luck with it

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
healthy tree, garbage bonsai material.
ehh what can you do? You Win some, you lose some.
View attachment 397760
View attachment 397762
Those low branches are your future tree. I received 2 pines from Brent just like that one last December, no lower branches on one, about 2 extending buds on the other one. I potted both when I received them, bend them as far as I could without breaking the trunk (I did manage to break the first, so I went easy on the other one and used grafting tape and liquid cut paste to seal the broken one). In early spring I removed some of the lead branches on the top. They budded down low between late spring/early summer and now I have plenty to deal with.

jszg

Mame
Reaction score
Attention fellow gamblers: nnplant has JBP back in stock....

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Going to add to this thread... I bought a cork oak from them just to see what I would get. It was a tall tree (perhaps 7' or 8') that had been cut down to 4' or so to fit into a box. It took about one year to recover to the point that it didn't look like a hacked landscape tree, but it was relatively large material all things considered. I would order from them again, with the caveat that the material may be rough when it arrives.

Top Bottom