No.14 Large Red/Brn Rectangle w/ Square corners.

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Up for your consideration a large (a little over a foot) Red/Brown body cone 6 (as usual) open (no worries for freeze) traditional tailored pot. This pot has wire holes and I've shown it with a slight oiled finished. Otherwise it is matt finish to a degree. The red body has been (as with most of my pots) treated with a FeO2 wash giving it a weathered and older appearance. The pot as all are made free hand and have slight imperfections in length/width. Forms and guides are wonderful. Yet the free form methods bring a delightful 'balance of sorts'. Auction will start at: $40.00 (similar sold at Fresno sale for north of $200) which will include shipping to all continental USA locations. All others at cost + location. Ends Midnight Dec13th Tuesday. (Masakuni wire cutter for scale , not included...)
On another note: If anyone is wondering why the score marks are combed on the base and walls of my slab built pots: When I was in Japan several years ago and purchased a few hand made pots from a potter who had a stall in Tokyo, they all had this 'signature' of construction for reducing the degree of root wrap in the bottom of the pot! Voila~!
IMG_7761_edited copy.jpgIMG_7762.JPGIMG_7763_edited.jpgIMG_7764.JPGIMG_7765.JPGIMG_7766.JPGIMG_7767.JPGIMG_7768.JPG

Last edited:

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Ends tonight at Midnight and I'll ship immediately on Wednesday the 14th USPS PRIORITY as usual.

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
9:31 PM here in CA see you all in the AM
Good luck bidding!!

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Yes namnhi is the winner sorry Daniel. I goofed on the name but you have won the auction.
Vance hanna

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Arrived yesterday, gorgeous!! May be a nice fit for my cork bark black pine 😍
We'd all be delighted to see it when planted. I have to admit, it was tough giving that one up because I also have some use for that size (which is difficult to make and have the sides remain relatively parallel.) Hope to see it in the future DB! Vance Hanna

Top Bottom