No.28 Cal Fire mural Pot

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
No.28 is Misnomer of a little pot (she's a bowl about 6-1/2" and has a 'mural' of our famous California fires on her sides....(well not actually but if you look at the odd mix of glazes used you'll see the fire!). The pot is not round nor is it concentric (the fire remember?) as a choice not by mistake. The idea was that as it went off center the attempt was to keep that as feature. Stop, and trim. A few scratch marks on the sides for good measure and 3 wire holes. I can see some tall grasses in this container! keep 'em wet so as not to restart the fire! LOL) Shipping will be included. Start at $45.00 Auction Ends Midnight IMG_8489_edited copy.jpgIMG_8482.JPGIMG_8483.JPGIMG_8484.JPGIMG_8485.JPGIMG_8486.JPGIMG_8487.JPGIMG_8488.JPGWednesday March 8th as shortening the time frame will allow faster delivery. As most of you know I ship at close of auction.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If no one else is going bite i guess I’ll have to kick this one off with $45

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have a problem with expressing artistic intent AFTER the fact...

It's just like Rorschach categorizing accidental chaos.

That being said I really like the glaze...

Like... NEXT time you use this combo... You could say "mural of fire"...

....or if someone ELSE (the beholder) said it was reminiscent of the wildfires... T'would be alright...

Just seems in bad taste, AS the artist, to LABEL an unintentional (unless you were GOING for "wildfire mural" when mixing glazes) happening as an homage to natural disaster...

(All that said, remember I AM a nincompoop! 🤪)

I like it, though!

Does it sit flat?

Top Bottom