No, I'm OK ... as if anyone was worried .... :) (A vanity post if ever there was one ...)

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
LOL!

Amen, brother! This place and it's "culture" really sucks. I'd actually change the word "culture" to "stupidity." Poorest excuse for a culture/society/etc I've ever seen. Even my wife, naturally torn because she's from here, although lived in the USA for 30 years, the past twenty with me ("for better or for worse" - you can take your pick), she can't believe how screwed up things are here. "In America ... " has become the mantra with which she begins every insight about the craziness here.

Anyway, I keep promising to swear off the travelogue, and just post and talk about trees, and if the endemic ineptitude and corruption that led to it's 3+ week absence is ever worked around to allow me to have it again in working condition, I'll do just that ... and furthermore .... and so on ..........
We would welcome you home with open arms.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
LOL!

Amen, brother! This place and it's "culture" really sucks. I'd actually change the word "culture" to "stupidity." Poorest excuse for a culture/society/etc I've ever seen. Even my wife, naturally torn because she's from here, although lived in the USA for 30 years, the past twenty with me ("for better or for worse" - you can take your pick), she can't believe how screwed up things are here. "In America ... " has become the mantra with which she begins every insight about the craziness here.

Anyway, I keep promising to swear off the travelogue, and just post and talk about trees, and if the endemic ineptitude and corruption that led to it's 3+ week absence is ever worked around to allow me to have it again in working condition, I'll do just that ... and furthermore .... and so on ..........
I’ve read a few times now about you saying they’re a really messed up people down there, but I’ve not seen any actual examples of what you mean? Like you’ve said they lack any infrastructure but that’s as in depth as you’ve gone. Just curious what you mean.

I understand that It is shocking the difference between privileged countries and third world countries. I mean even our neighbor to the south (Mexico) is dramatically different- my sister and brother in law went down to visit his family and none of their households even had plumbing. It’s essentially unheard of in the US to not have plumbing, yet still common in Mexico. Just surprising is all.

Recently went and toured Ripleys Museum in Myrtle a few weeks back, and again- culture shock. The 1800’s were really not that long ago yet they had exhibit after exhibit of islander natives cannibalistic paraphernalia. Well not just oceanic islanders but others too. Literally the most sick twisted nightmare I could ever imagine. What did the explorers think? And many many peoples practiced behaviors like this. Unfathomable, yet this did happen not all that long ago.

Attachments

• 2B6A7EE3-A64E-4B8A-B9C5-CC5A1BD310E2.png
    2B6A7EE3-A64E-4B8A-B9C5-CC5A1BD310E2.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom