No More Lurking

Tmcd009

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well, the time has come to move out of the shadows and post something! I started getting into the hobby roughly a year ago, and so a lot of the work I did after my first summer was less exciting than what is going on this spring. So, I decided to be a more passive member of bnut until I had something to post. I'm a university student (though nearly graduated, finally) and so I only have space for some of my trees on campus; the rest of them are with my parents in TX. However, I've managed to build a decent set-up here. I built the little bench last fall and just added automatic watering, since I am often away from my apartment all day due to work and class (I'm working as a landscaper right now).

I've spent the last year learning as much as possible, and spend time nearly every day working on my trees or picking out future projects at the nursery I work at. I've even made a few concrete pots. I plan on starting threads on a few of the trees I'm working on and whatever else anyone is interested in regarding my tiny bonsai space. I'm especially excited to see how the crepe myrtle in the center comes out after the trim I gave it. I'm trying to do a "root over truck" sort of thing with it, if you can see the truck in the sphagnum I have around the roots right now.

Just thought I'd say hello, finally.

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 93

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great start...should have spoken up and posted sooner! Many here including myself in the same beginner boat.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Root over truck!

That's some Crazy Ass hillbilly shit!

Love it!

Welcome to Crazy!

Good that you're finishing school!

Sorce

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Well, the time has come to move out of the shadows and post something! I started getting into the hobby roughly a year ago, and so a lot of the work I did after my first summer was less exciting than what is going on this spring. So, I decided to be a more passive member of bnut until I had something to post. I'm a university student (though nearly graduated, finally) and so I only have space for some of my trees on campus; the rest of them are with my parents in TX. However, I've managed to build a decent set-up here. I built the little bench last fall and just added automatic watering, since I am often away from my apartment all day due to work and class (I'm working as a landscaper right now).

I've spent the last year learning as much as possible, and spend time nearly every day working on my trees or picking out future projects at the nursery I work at. I've even made a few concrete pots. I plan on starting threads on a few of the trees I'm working on and whatever else anyone is interested in regarding my tiny bonsai space. I'm especially excited to see how the crepe myrtle in the center comes out after the trim I gave it. I'm trying to do a "root over truck" sort of thing with it, if you can see the truck in the sphagnum I have around the roots right now.

Just thought I'd say hello, finally.

Welcome!

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sounds like a good setup and start!
Landscaping - garden based, already know bits or a lot about trees, nature, etc.
Student - is an academic, studies, making reading online bonsai info easier and most accustomed.
Built your own bench, have trees at parent's house and on campus..
Jeez, that's a strong start if I ever knew one.

Tmcd009

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Sounds like a good setup and start!
Landscaping - garden based, already know bits or a lot about trees, nature, etc.
Student - is an academic, studies, making reading online bonsai info easier and most accustomed.
Built your own bench, have trees at parent's house and on campus..
Jeez, that's a strong start if I ever knew one.
Thank you! Appreciate the kind words, sir. It's great to have support from other people relatively new to bonsai. (As well as everyone else here, of course) Landscaping definitely has helped helped me, I think. Hopefully I can't get out of this apartment soon!

Top Bottom