No more tubes

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
I like it! Its come a long way in 4 years. I bought a beat up one from a supermarket in March but wasn’t brave enough to chop the tubers off so I buried them in the hope that it produces lots of small aerial roots. Don’t know if it’ll work, but its going great guns now.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That almost doesn't look like the same plant! It looks good

I had to go look at this whole thread cuz I swear it was a different cutting, then again, I ain't been here in a while.

He's definitely putting the D in modest.

Dick.

This is fucking Awesome!

And I just came here to tell you you'll catch more smallies once you get some tubes. At least that's what they say, I don't like tubes.

Bloody nice man! Makes me miss Carp!

Sorce

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I need to see the roots! When did you last repot? Any pictures of the roots?

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Been a while....I'm curious too.
I'll probably will re-dress the top soon.....maybe tonight, and see what I can see.
I’m curious too - I have one that preformed this operation on. The first repot was unimpressive. But I have roots all over the place now, so I’m eager to see them.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I’m curious too - I have one that preformed this operation on. The first repot was unimpressive. But I have roots all over the place now, so I’m eager to see them.
Well....I dug down a bit, but it looks like I'm hitting lots of fine roots.
Couldn't really see any nebari roots yet.
Topped with lava.
20200916_211729.jpg20200916_211754.jpg20200916_211806.jpg20200916_211815.jpg20200916_211902.jpg20200916_211927.jpg

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Looking back through this thread, I noticed you defoliated this tree a couple days ago, and around the same time last year. Is that generally your strategy with it? Defoliation/wire end of summer, beginning of autumn when you bring it in for winter?

Great progress from where this thing started!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Looking back through this thread, I noticed you defoliated this tree a couple days ago, and around the same time last year. Is that generally your strategy with it? Defoliation/wire end of summer, beginning of autumn when you bring it in for winter?

Great progress from where this thing started!
Yep....pretty much.
I think I skipped defoliation one year maybe, but yeah.
Dont want it to get too weak......its a shiny polished turd after all!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Top Bottom