defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There is already a thread but not everyone looks in that section of the forum
So whos going ?
Lets meet up !

Last year taking photos whas probihted so ill try to take some shots tough to give you a impression!

Reaction score
See you tomorrow @defra (but not on Noelanders) :)

I'll try to make some foto's (from them sale area) on sunday and post them here. While it was probihted a saw a lot of people making pictures. o_O

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
well nothing is accomplished in life without breaking a few rules and taking some risks! amazing trees thanks for sharing.?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow, thanks. Actually a little shocking to see a couple of these are in this show, I understand what you were saying now...

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow, thanks. Actually a little shocking to see a couple of these are in this show, I understand what you were saying now...

Thank you for the pics Defra! Great too see. I agree. Some wonderful trees but also several that are not yet ready for a show of this caliber. A couple of the shimps are outstanding! Looks like they may have been Japanese imports? Congrats to Arnold as well!

The prunus mahaleb by Andrija Zokic is pretty outstanding!

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Yes they could be more critical about the entry's ... or maybe people with the great tree's just didnt subscribe to display their tree's and they were allowing lesser matterial to fill the empty spots

Still i realy enjoyed looking at each and every one of them and can only hope/dream to own one tree thats on that level some day lol

keri-wms

Shohin
Reaction score
Wish I could have gone - I also see what you mean about some of the trees. The thing I spotted a lot was branch thinning related, ie the odd overly thick twig with a visible cut at the silhouette, when it should have been cut back harder to leave a thinner shoot to replace it.

That and a few old bigger cuts further back down the branches that needed to either be hollow or smoothed a bit with a knife.

Seems I'm getting picky in my old age.....that and I'm trying to read all (bar about 10 copies) the Bonsai Today mags cover to cover and maybe some of it is sinking in after all! Amazing trees overall of course. :)

Top Bottom