NOELANDERS TROPHY 2017

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks defra! Looking forward to more pics. From what I have seen it looks top notch as usual. Spain once again got many of the awards. They are killing it!!

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
shout out to @Maros, well done sir! love this tree, congrats, you deserve it.

from his facbook:
"One of my trees made it to EBA exhibition which was held together with NT, most important and best show in Europe.
It was long seven years in my life and in life of Carpinus tree which was collected by myself back in 2010. Since then it was styled step by step with help from Walter Pall and Bonsai Lukas Sirotny and Josef Sirotny whom I would like to thank for. "

16508645_10154945498265629_2048452078323303307_n.jpg
@Maros,

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Many people, many decent trees (Did I say decent? I meant, stunning!).
Too bad they have a photography ban. I of course wanted a few shots, but after the first one I had one of the floor-control guys in my neck, so put the happysnap away. Nothing to share therefor. Well worth a visit.

Naturally, we are now all longing for the next big show.

Naturally there is the WBF show in Japan in April. But in Europe..? Probably in Germany:
27. - 28 May 2017 AK Steinfurt "ISHI RAI BONSAI KYOUKAI"
Location: Kreislehrgarten Steinfurt, Wemhöferstiege 33, 48565 Steinfurt (Burgsteinfurt)

My club show, so yeah, maybe not too similar :D
https://www.bonsai-ak.de/bonsai-galerie/

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
I visited the show as you already know. It was my third visit but first time with my own tree. This year NT was combined with EBA annual exhibition. So it looked like half of the show space was dedicated to NT and half to EBA trees nominated from national bonsai associations events during 2016 (my case). Show itself was huge, with great trading area. Photography was forbidden in show hall so I was not taking any pictures apart of my own tree obviously. Anyway I have seen people taking pictures like crazy especially on Sunday, even if some of them were from press or similar. I heard from people visiting bonsai exhibitions around the world that trading area is only comparable to events in Japan (I willing to trust it).
You could have seen almost everybody who means something in bonsai in Europe. I feel honored to be able to participate with my tree on such show, it is strange good feeling to have tree on same show as WP, or tree styled by Kimura etc.

Yeah, and belgium beer is great, very different what we are used to drink at home. I managed to meet worst waiter in whole continent on Saturday evening. Luckily I was able to escape him after while and find better place with decent Jupiler beer. Cheers.
I will post few pictures from demo and trading area when I will manage to process them.
Thanks @Waltron for shoutout.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I visited the show as you already know. It was my third visit but first time with my own tree. This year NT was combined with EBA annual exhibition. So it looked like half of the show space was dedicated to NT and half to EBA trees nominated from national bonsai associations events during 2016 (my case). Show itself was huge, with great trading area. Photography was forbidden in show hall so I was not taking any pictures apart of my own tree obviously. Anyway I have seen people taking pictures like crazy especially on Sunday, even if some of them were from press or similar. I heard from people visiting bonsai exhibitions around the world that trading area is only comparable to events in Japan (I willing to trust it).
You could have seen almost everybody who means something in bonsai in Europe. I feel honored to be able to participate with my tree on such show, it is strange good feeling to have tree on same show as WP, or tree styled by Kimura etc.

Yeah, and belgium beer is great, very different what we are used to drink at home. I managed to meet worst waiter in whole continent on Saturday evening. Luckily I was able to escape him after while and find better place with decent Jupiler beer. Cheers.
I will post few pictures from demo and trading area when I will manage to process them.

Congrats Maros! Well deserved. You were in good company! I always love the set up at NT. So clean, sharp looking and spacious. I am making plans to be there next year or the following. It's a must see for me. We'll see. I can only hope.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

A deciduous stump that you collected yourself to Noelanders exhibition in 7 years! Hell of an achievement, congrats.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
am making plans to be there next year or the following. It's a must see for me. We'll see. I can only hope.

I saw the title and thought you went!

So...

You are there already in my future vision!

@Maros
Great Work my friend!

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

So...

@Maros
Great Work my friend!

Sorce

Ha! I wish!! I hope you have a good crystal ball!

Agreed, it is pretty remarkable that Maros brought that tree from collection to Noelanders in just 7 years!! Hat off to you Maros.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
shout out to @Maros, well done sir! love this tree, congrats, you deserve it.

from his facbook:
"One of my trees made it to EBA exhibition which was held together with NT, most important and best show in Europe.
It was long seven years in my life and in life of Carpinus tree which was collected by myself back in 2010. Since then it was styled step by step with help from Walter Pall and Bonsai Lukas Sirotny and Josef Sirotny whom I would like to thank for. "
@Maros,
That's an excellent product in 7 years. Amazing fast development for a carpinus.

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Congrats Maros! Well deserved. You were in good company! I always love the set up at NT. So clean, sharp looking and spacious. I am making plans to be there next year or the following. It's a must see for me. We'll see. I can only hope.

Serg, if you are there next year we can have one of those belgian beers in the pub. We will see what life will bring it it's worth trying to get there.

I too think it was a well deserved honor, Maros.
A deciduous stump that you collected yourself to Noelanders exhibition in 7 years! Hell of an achievement, congrats.
totally agree @wireme. provides hope and gives a new perspective when walkaing in the woods.
So...
@Maros
Great Work my friend!

Sorce
Congratulations, Maros!
That's an excellent product in 7 years. Amazing fast development for a carpinus.

Thank you all guys for kind words. I really appreciate that.

Maros, how about this? Should be possible in one step.

View attachment 131372. View attachment 131373

Walter, I think it is possible to change position like you did it on this virt. i will see how far roots lets me do it in current pot.

Top Bottom