Noob Question for Granular Pesticides/Fungicides

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Can it be applied on top of the top dressing (i.e. sphagnum moss) or does that need to be removed first?

This will be my first year trying out granular as I've only tried sprays.

D

Deleted member 32750

I apply both granular fungicide and pesticide on top of my top dressing of 50/50 sphagnum and green moss.

I would wait around 2 weeks between applications though. For example I apply systemic granular fungicide on March 1 then systemic granular pesticide on March 15.

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I apply both granular fungicide and pesticide on top of my top dressing of 50/50 sphagnum and green moss.

I would wait around 2 weeks between applications though. For example I apply systemic granular fungicide on March 1 then systemic granular pesticide on March 15.
Awesome, thanks Adam!

D

Deleted member 32750

I also don’t recommend using only systemic granulars. I still use sprays as well. I apply systemics at most 2 per year. Due to the nature of them they build up in the vascular tissues of the plant and monthly/over application can be detrimental to the tree.
I recommend the first application in March then alternate spray fungicide and pesticide treatment in the following months

Apex37

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I also don’t recommend using only systemic granulars. I still use sprays as well. I apply systemics at most 2 per year. Due to the nature of them they build up in the vascular tissues of the plant and monthly/over application can be detrimental to the tree.
I recommend the first application in March then alternate spray fungicide and pesticide treatment in the following months
Cool, thanks for the tip! I was planning to use both in accordance with kinda how Bjorn does his regimen. Scale and spider mites are a big problem with how dry and hot it gets here though. Especially for my crepe myrtles and junipers.

Top Bottom