Noobie dwarf Alberta spruce

James W.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Any update on this?
Wiring down branches in the spring was a mistake, every branch I moved died.
Working the tree "a little more" too soon after major work was a mistake. The branches died, then the rest of the tree followed suit by the end of summer.
I have since learned that these DAS can take this kind of chop back, but then they need at least a couple of years to recover enough to do any more work. "Healthy growth" is not the same as "fully recovered and vigorous" I probably would have been OK if had done what I said I was going to do in post #18
I would have done better to have followed more of the advice I was given. But I learned a lot by comparing what I did with what I should have done.

YaBoyMyth

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Working the tree "a little more" too soon after major work was a mistake. The branches died, then the rest of the tree followed suit by the end of summer.
I have since learned that these DAS can take this kind of chop back, but then they need at least a couple of years to recover enough to do any more work. "Healthy growth" is not the same as "fully recovered and vigorous" I probably would have been OK if had done what I said I was going to do in post #18
I would have done better to have followed more of the advice I was given. But I learned a lot by comparing what I did with what I should have done.
I just did a massive pruning job on mine. Realized it had absolutely no branches in the middle of the tree so now I have an ugly Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Cruiser

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I’m convinced that the truest way to learn things is through our mistakes. It is innately human. We can take and fully understand the advice given to us, but we won’t understand it the same way. Or maybe it’s just me…

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m convinced that the truest way to learn things is through our mistakes. It is innately human. We can take and fully understand the advice given to us, but we won’t understand it the same way. Or maybe it’s just me…
Personally think is better to learn by carefulness that keeps tree ALIVE, healthy, progressing☺️.

Top Bottom