Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anyone familiar with this place?
https://nasbc.com/

Pretty nice stuff. Looks to be a former El Dorado student

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I could do some serious damage to my cc in that place. Wow.

Satsukilou

Seed
Reaction score
North American Satsuki Bonsai Center is operated by Rick Garcia is currently a student of Nakayama-san, of japan and has studied with him for more than 20years, if you love Satsuki Azaleas this is the place to be. Many beautiful satsuki azalea of all sizes all imported from Japan, Rick also offers classes ,workshops, and demonstratios

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think i recall @Adair M talking about them a few years back.
Lots of really nice trees there.
Yes, Rick imports nice azalea from Japan! I took a workshop from him and learned a lot about azalea that I hadn’t known before.

jdbonsai

Seed
Reaction score
I have been doing bonsai for 20 years and feel very confident with most species. I loved the flowers of satsuki and tried to grow them. I was a member of the local satsuki club for several years and followed the instructions there. But I couldn't keep these plants alive, so I gave up. Recently I heard of Rick Garcia's classes in satsuki, so my boyfriend and I signed up for the series. What we are learning from Rick is fantastic! Satsuki aren't difficult to grow and train. But they are different from most bonsai, so it's important to know how they want to be treated. We just finished our 4th class and have 9 trees that are healthy and evolving into strong, beautiful trees! We wouldn't have satsuki if not for Rick. He is a patient and thorough teacher, and a fountain of knowledge. Rick also has beautiful, healthy trees imported from Japan, along with all the necessary tools, pots and soil for sale. The classroom environment is well planned and he and Donna are wonderful hosts. I highly recommend anyone serious about satsuki attend his classes. Beginners, take these classes so you learn how easy it is the first time around!

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this place?
https://nasbc.com/

Pretty nice stuff. Looks to be a former El Dorado student
I have been buying Satsuki for over four years and taking classes for two years from Rick. He has a great selection of trees from shohin to large finished trees. His classes have given me a better understanding of seasonal care and styling. I enjoy doing business with him.

Barry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I received two trees from Rick last week. Very nice trees at a reasonable price for the quality. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

Reaction score
Hi Barry,
I am glad you are happy with the trees you bought from Rick. All my trees from him are doing great. I just finished the second year of classes and looking forward to next year.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Wow best satsuki prices I’ve seen on the web. Says they don’t ship though :( why is everything good in Cali

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Wow best satsuki prices I’ve seen on the web. Says they don’t ship though :( why is everything good in Cali
Check out BIC (bonsai import company) they have some very nice satsuki as well as other things, and they're not all super expensive. (some are!)
Have you checked with Don Blackmond at Gregory Beach Bonsai? He had many satsuki for a while.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Check out BIC (bonsai import company) they have some very nice satsuki as well as other things, and they're not all super expensive. (some are!)
Have you checked with Don Blackmond at Gregory Beach Bonsai? He had many satsuki for a while.
I have not. Id like to be more confident as far as caring for them first, so I’ve not really been looking too hard. Apparently I can’t get chojubai under control haha

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Check with Rick. He does some shipping depending on the tree and the time of year.
Rick shipped a tree to me.

I have two azalea I purchased from Rick. Both are doing well.

For what it’s worth, azalea are much easier than chojubai!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
RockM RockM...
God Damn It!
Rock M!

I near cussed someone out in a PM for introducing me to this site....

Come to find out it may be YOU to blame!

Some freaking nice pots!

Sorce

Top Bottom