north star bonsai?

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
does anybody know anything about north star bonsai, is it still open? what about a website? anything??
im looking for some east coast lava and pumice and composted bark pricing with out the cost of shipping. i also thought tachigi was moving stores to a new location and hoping he was moving closer to nj and if not maybe he was still doing his express route.
anybody with any info would be great

BoneSci

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just picked up some lava rock from Partac Peat Corp/Beam Clay in Great Meadows NJ. I haven't used it yet, but it looks perfect - mostly 1/4" pieces and dark red. Probabkly won't even need to be screened, just washed as there is a lot of dust on the particles.

I'm also looking for a source for pumice.

Chris

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
I talked to Tom a few months ago by phone. He spoke of being "burned out" on the Internet, period. The North Star website has been abandoned, to all appearances, and Tom has withdrawn from any involvement in the Bonsai Vault site as well.

I got the impression that he still has his new store, in/near York, PA. You might be able to find it in a phone book. I can send you the phone number I used, if you want; just PM me.

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thanks tree beard. ive got other options,i just like to use recommended/local dealers whenever possible
i know tom was one of the good guys with good prices and quality materials
thanks tho

Top Bottom