-Northwesterners- Alpine firs budding yet?

jferrier

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dug a few of these last spring around late April and they grew well through summer. Now, I've got a couple of Noble firs that have put out new growth, but none of my alpines have started yet. Just wondering if anyone else has new growth since all my other species of trees are well into the growing season?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If alpine means high....

My guess is their clock is still so.

Sorce

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My established Abies (amabilis and Lasiocarpa) have flushed but my 2015 collected Mtn. Hemi's are just starting to have swollen buds....didn't collect any Abies last year. Have you checked for active roots?
G.

jferrier

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My established Abies (amabilis and Lasiocarpa) have flushed but my 2015 collected Mtn. Hemi's are just starting to have swollen buds....didn't collect any Abies last year. Have you checked for active roots?
G.

Strange. My lasiocarpas have not flushed, but my 2015 collected Mtn Hemlock had new growth start about 3-4 weeks ago. I've not wanted to disturb them yet to check for roots as there weren't many when they were collected. One of the 3 grew quite a bit last summer after ti was collected, and all of them have nice green needles still. Guess I'll wait and see.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lasiocarpas just starting to flush at around 6000' here, I was up there yesterday, collected my first of the species.

jferrier

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks all. Anyone seen these flush out after collection and die the following year? I thought the new growth was a sure sign they were doing well.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I got this little guy, collected last year from northern Michigan, pertty much every bud has popped now. I think its a douglas.

R4WvpvJ.jpg
bDm5abz.jpg

Top Bottom