Not certain why, checked this end, all good

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have been noticing after being logged in awhile the site freezes up on me. After a few refreshes this pops up -

error.JPG

When it does I go to task manager and end the process. The page refreshes normally and the browser states it has recovered the page...

No malware, no virus here. Fiber hardwire connection. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, IE 11. Other sites ok. Started about two weeks ago.

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Does it says which "script" it is stopping?

That is the only thing it says and when I go to task manager the instance of IE that has an enormous amount of memory use is the one I end and it refreshes the site saying it has recovered from an error. Normal but frustrating the way they report problems...
Perhaps I should take a clip of the top banner ad when it happens. Not able to scroll to the bottom one when it locks up...

Grimmy

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That is the only thing it says and when I go to task manager the instance of IE that has an enormous amount of memory use is the one I end and it refreshes the site saying it has recovered from an error. Normal but frustrating the way they report problems...
Perhaps I should take a clip of the top banner ad when it happens. Not able to scroll to the bottom one when it locks up...

Grimmy

Do you remember if you are on the home page when this happens? Or are you in the forums or on a forum page?

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Do you remember if you are on the home page when this happens? Or are you in the forums or on a forum page?

Always when on the Forum Home page as I like to see alerts in the upper right as I pass the PC during my normal day.

Grimmy

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Does it says which "script" it is stopping?

This morning it was frozen and this is what the Upper Banner area on the forums page looked like -

Error Banner.JPG

It is not frozen as I type this but here is what the Lower Banner Area looks like right now -

Error L Banner.JPG

I did not give you a lot to work with but perhaps this helps.

Grimmy

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I did not give you a lot to work with but perhaps this helps.

It helps a lot. This is javascript and is part of the Google Adsense ad service... which is where I assumed the issue was with your other "bad ads".

Those two little blocks on the front page are reserved for Google ads and I don't/can't control what you see there. I don't even know what you see - since Google will send you different ads than they will send me or any other site user. All I can do is report bad ads back to Google... and they will usually block the ads and try to block/ban the advertiser.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It helps a lot. This is javascript and is part of the Google Adsense ad service... which is where I assumed the issue was with your other "bad ads".

Those two little blocks on the front page are reserved for Google ads and I don't/can't control what you see there. I don't even know what you see - since Google will send you different ads than they will send me or any other site user. All I can do is report bad ads back to Google... and they will usually block the ads and try to block/ban the advertiser.

Thank you for looking into it and honest once I figured out what was happening and how to refresh it quickly using Task Manager it really isn't a huge deal. I reported it in case others had a similar dilemma.

Grimmy

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thank you for looking into it and honest once I figured out what was happening and how to refresh it quickly using Task Manager it really isn't a huge deal. I reported it in case others had a similar dilemma.

Every now and then I see a strange ad (like "date Asian women") which must be specifically targeted towards the word "bonsai". However I had never seen the bad popup ad until a couple of weeks ago when I was viewing the site on an Android tablet. I unfortunately just closed the browser window and did not write down the ad description or URL. If it happens again I will definitely do so.

Google fights an on-going battle with bad spamming advertisers. They tend to do a pretty good job - at least compared to some others out there. Two years ago when I tested a different advertising network we got hammered with tons of bad / inappropriate ads.

GrimLore

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I let my Domain, Forum, and Vent go last year. It was game related but no longer used by me. Over the years it was always "something" creating a bit of a chore. I appreciate your work Greg ;)

Grimmy

Top Bottom