Not receiving emailed notices of posts

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
For some reason I am not receiving the sites emailed notices of new posts on threads I am watching. Maybe someone could clue me in as to what to do about that. Thanks, Peter

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mine have stopped coming to so I wonder if it is a byproduct of a software upgrade.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I’m not even getting notices for threads that I have contributed to lately.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I find that if you get a little red alert saying someone has replied and you click the alert but don't visit the actual thread then the emails will stop coming through but you will still get the little alert on your profile.
The less you visit the thread the less emails get sent.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Everything in my preferences is checked off. I do get notices when I come to the website but the emails have stopped coming but they had been coming in the past. I can’t remember when the emails stopped but it hs been in the last month.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I find that if you get a little red alert saying someone has replied and you click the alert but don't visit the actual thread then the emails will stop coming through but you will still get the little alert on your profile.
The less you visit the thread the less emails get sent.
One click on the notification bell icon should give you a drop down list - click on a thread. If there was more than one item in the drop down, just click the bell and the list will reappear. Double click on the bell and you'll get an all-time listing starting from the newest. Also, once you have looked at the drop down list, the red number flag is cleared. It will reappear (with the number 1) as soon as an alert is subsequently set.

A notification to one thread maybe should say, 'there may be more after this'. Say there were three posts to a thread you are watching. I think you will only get an email when the first was posted. No more email will come to you until you visit the thread. When you do, you will get an email when there is a new post since your last visit - in our example, not until the 4th post (which didn't happen until after you visited the thread).

:(gawd, I'm getting to be such a tedious old man. :(

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Yes, that is better explained than the way I tried to.
I think it is a good set up really so your email doesn't get overly spammed with notifications.
That said it may be something separate for Peter and Cofga.

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
everything is checked under the alerts. Where is that "watch thread" choice bar?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Well! I thought I was alone. I have stopped receiving all notifications from Bnutt on my email account. I wonder if there are more. I would think this needs looking into. I haven't received a notification since sometime in December, I just assumed is was my fault again.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m on this site every single day, on Facebook every 2nd day, but I check email less than once a week. So that doesn’t really bother me

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe just log out and back in.

I haven't in years!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I’m on this site every single day, on Facebook every 2nd day, but I check email less than once a week. So that doesn’t really bother me
That's not the point if it doesn't bother you, the point is it bothers me and I check for my emails often and have had to find other ways to stay is some for of communication with this group.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Maybe just log out and back in.

I haven't in years!

Sorce
Tried that and it took me quite some time to get back into the site. Email Notifications still not working.

Top Bottom