Not so "live" looking oak

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
What's the verdict? Live or nah? A couple leaves are falling off to the touch. Some are intact pretty solid it feels like.

20190109_124001.jpg

20190109_124029.jpg

When bringing everything into the garage I brought the live oak in as well. I didn't even think about it really... it was cold, I was rushing long story short went to water the garage stash and realized this tree didn't look so hot. The other trees leaves turned brown and died as the cold moved in all about the same time, but this tree just looked sick lol

That's when it dawned on me, needs sunlight. So its outside now, but I'm pretty positive we will get some more freezes upcoming. Any ideas on how to put this into the ground and keep the dogs from peeing on it?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sorry perhaps I’m an idiot but what kinda oak is that? Looks like an olive.. ain’t like any oak I ever seen..

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sorry perhaps I’m an idiot but what kinda oak is that? Looks like an olive.. ain’t like any oak I ever seen..

Some species of live oak judging by the thread title. Lol. Quercus is large and diverse genus. About 600 species. I know, I always thought of northern oaks as being the only oaks growing up in New York State, but there are oak species growing in the tropics as well. Pretty crazy how widespread the genus is and how many climates they exist.

Top Bottom