Not traditional...by any means

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This bench is so me...not a traditional bench or one with an Asian flare. But...It works for me. I've shared it in the past...moved the Thuja rock planting to the left side of the bench. I think for now I like it better than way.
Edit: Bench is 7 ft long.
20180623_093455.jpgFB_IMG_1529760211614.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a smaller bench on the back patio...I have five scattered about the landscape areas. (And a few projects hidden on a side patio...they aren't very pretty to look at.) My collection is not very large at all. But I find it relaxing tending what I have...with time for other hobbies and family as well. I commend one's who have large collections.
20180623_090745.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The reason I never have a full on view photo. This is a pass through landing/deck to get to our main one. So...the railing is in the way. Looks cool from the road though...I feel this is a great way to welcome guests and takes up a bare wall of siding that drove me nuts in the past.
Oh...That's Larry. Lol
Screenshot_20180623-092958.png

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Looks very nice. Make sure you're rotating your trees very regularly as being placed so close to the house really reduces any light exposure to the back sides of the trees.
Thanks, yes...I have turned them...other than the rock planting. It at an angle on the bench I feel it gets better sun.

stevek

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
love it, it doesn't have to be ASIAN, the stands in asia aren't asian, they're stands, the Asian are the trees. love your ginko, love the dog (good security on alert). you have the perfect amount of trees that you want to care of. better to have a few good ones than a mess of a lot of stock that you can't handle. that's what I tell our members and new people, be selective when getting stock, think about it, inspect the possibilities, just don't buy to buy to have trees. when we get started, we're excited and just want to gobble up everything, slow down

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful set up Darlene. You Ohio folks have some spectacular yards! My old fishing buddies used to drive all the way up to Ontario for 2 weeks of fishing, from Wadsworth, Ohio. Some of the best people I know!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
love it, it doesn't have to be ASIAN, the stands in asia aren't asian, they're stands, the Asian are the trees. love your ginko, love the dog (good security on alert). you have the perfect amount of trees that you want to care of. better to have a few good ones than a mess of a lot of stock that you can't handle. that's what I tell our members and new people, be selective when getting stock, think about it, inspect the possibilities, just don't buy to buy to have trees. when we get started, we're excited and just want to gobble up everything, slow down
Thanks Steve...yes, I wish to enjoy it without being overwhelmed. From early on a few suggested to be selective...and not every tree needs to be a bonsai. I listened...though some can handle more and do...with ease. Its not for me.

Edit: Larry is very much the protector. He has this thing where he surveys the boundaries...bulldog stance...will kick his back feet tossing huge divets of grass and move on to the next area.

Guess your right on Asian...just when one's do it all up. It usually has that flare. But the trees are. I smirk when friends see Asian theme...and tell me so. Must be the trees on my bench. And the few scattered about.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Beautiful set up Darlene. You Ohio folks have some spectacular yards! My old fishing buddies used to drive all the way up to Ontario for 2 weeks of fishing, from Wadsworth, Ohio. Some of the best people I know!
Some do...thanks. My neighbor's lawn turned to seed. So not all. Lol thanks.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice darlene
Good one on using old furniture for a prety display i see your creeper mame tree is on top !
Yes! It's perfect there!!! I am always trimming the trailing vine though. Lol think of you each time I look at it. It's one of my favs.

Actually...only the window is repurposed. The hubs built the rest from scratch.

Top Bottom