Note to B-Nut

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
B-Nut,
Thanks for your efforts in creating this bonsai forum. I have gained much from many hours spent in front of the computer learning from some thoughtful threads. There is a lot of expertise when the topic remains bonsai. But some of the off-topic conversations have bothered me and I'm disappointed with myself for not just ignoring them. So I'm off to find a forum which sticks closer to the topic.

Thanks again.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yeah. I know what you mean, Barry. I could do without the right-winger tyrades myself.:mad:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
For the moment...it's still a free country; you're free to speak, and you're free to stay out of the Bar.

Take what you like and ignore the rest...or speak against the content, but somebody's right to speak his/her mind is not a debatable issue.

My only $.02 in the matter...back to bonsai.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
B-Nut,
Thanks for your efforts in creating this bonsai forum. I have gained much from many hours spent in front of the computer learning from some thoughtful threads. There is a lot of expertise when the topic remains bonsai. But some of the off-topic conversations have bothered me and I'm disappointed with myself for not just ignoring them. So I'm off to find a forum which sticks closer to the topic.

Thanks again.

It won't take long....you will be bored....I was.

Good luck, Al

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
For the moment...it's still a free country; you're free to speak, and you're free to stay out of the Bar.

Take what you like and ignore the rest...or speak against the content, but somebody's right to speak his/her mind is not a debatable issue.

My only $.02 in the matter...back to bonsai.

You're right, Brian. Everyone is free to speak his/her mind. I have no problem with people with differing views debating issues in an intelligent and respectful manner. What I do have a problem with, however, is postings that border on hate speech. For instance, there is a thread on here right now titled "Those tolerant Muzzies, you gotta love 'em". If i were a muslim on this forum with the intention of discussing bonsai, I would be so offended. Would we tolerate a thread on here entitled "Those tolerant niggers, you gotta love 'em"? Would that be any different?

The problem with "The Bar" is that with thread titles like this, you cannot simply choose to "stay out of the Bar" as you say. The offensive language is right there for everyone to read. I think it is completely inappropriate for a site that is supposed to be about bonsai. If you want to post nonsense like this, fine. I have no problem with freedom of speech. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Limbaugh would love to hear some enlightening thoughts on "Muzzies".

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Why not do as I do. I have my bonsainut bookmarked at the new "posts page" which omits Bar postings. I read those topics only. For the same reason my television is almost always off.
Paul

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I've been a BAAAD boy.

keep it green,
Harry

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
You're right, Brian. Everyone is free to speak his/her mind. I have no problem with people with differing views debating issues in an intelligent and respectful manner. What I do have a problem with, however, is postings that border on hate speech. For instance, there is a thread on here right now titled "Those tolerant Muzzies, you gotta love 'em". If i were a muslim on this forum with the intention of discussing bonsai, I would be so offended. Would we tolerate a thread on here entitled "Those tolerant niggers, you gotta love 'em"? Would that be any different?

The problem with "The Bar" is that with thread titles like this, you cannot simply choose to "stay out of the Bar" as you say. The offensive language is right there for everyone to read. I think it is completely inappropriate for a site that is supposed to be about bonsai. If you want to post nonsense like this, fine. I have no problem with freedom of speech. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Limbaugh would love to hear some enlightening thoughts on "Muzzies".

Damn if I didn’t find another $.02 to toss in…

You’re right, technically there is no difference, and both statements are still protected under our 1st amendment rights…like it or not. Founding Fathers also prayed that we would be moral enough to curb ourselves appropriately, and the Bar proves we ain’t perfect.

Problem is, like it or not, we’re at war with radical Islam…or, more accurately, they’re at war with us. The fact that some are offended by this statement is due to the meat tenderizer we’ve been put through called Political Correctness. It is the same reason why you’ll be surprised by another attack on our soil, and ready to quickly turn another tenderized cheek of tolerance to an enemy who only sees this as a weakness.

I’m offended as a Christian that the PC wimps in New York haven’t had the balls to stand up and call the lower Manhattan mosque site what it is; a monument to Islam’s triumph over our evil Capitalist beliefs…beliefs our country was founded upon.

How dare we forget so quickly? 9 years is all it takes? Who wasn’t moved almost to tears yesterday watching those unprovoked attacks on our innocent people?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Damn if I didn’t find another $.02 to toss in…

You’re right, technically there is no difference, and both statements are still protected under our 1st amendment rights…like it or not. Founding Fathers also prayed that we would be moral enough to curb ourselves appropriately, and the Bar proves we ain’t perfect.

Problem is, like it or not, we’re at war with radical Islam…or, more accurately, they’re at war with us. The fact that some are offended by this statement is due to the meat tenderizer we’ve been put through called Political Correctness. It is the same reason why you’ll be surprised by another attack on our soil, and ready to quickly turn another tenderized cheek of tolerance to an enemy who only sees this as a weakness.

I’m offended as a Christian that the PC wimps in New York haven’t had the balls to stand up and call the lower Manhattan mosque site what it is; a monument to Islam’s triumph over our evil Capitalist beliefs…beliefs our country was founded upon.

How dare we forget so quickly? 9 years is all it takes? Who wasn’t moved almost to tears yesterday watching those unprovoked attacks on our innocent people?

Brian, we had better takes this to the bar, before we get in trouble.

keep it green,
Harry

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
What about the left-wing tirades...Do they offend you as well?

I've yet to see a thread on here that was started by a liberal, unless you consider this thread poster's intent to be liberal leaning. I didn't take it that way. He simply was saying he was over it. Other than that, all the political threads (that I have noticed and I'll admit I haven't seen them all nor would that be realistic) have been right-wing instigated.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
B-Nut,

Thanks again.

Typically I only read what is posted on the home page....I never click on the forums tab and look that way. But your post here Barry made me for the first time actually hunt down the bar and take a look....

Yeah, some pretty racist, ignorant, misinformed opinions getting tossed around.....

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Typically I only read what is posted on the home page....I never click on the forums tab and look that way. But your post here Barry made me for the first time actually hunt down the bar and take a look....

Yeah, some pretty racist, ignorant, misinformed opinions getting tossed around.....

Exactly Jason, ...that is why I don't go there and why I only post here very occasionally. I am just not interested in being associated with that kind of crap. The head nut may not think it is a reflection on him but for me, and a lot of others, it very much is.

John

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I've yet to see a thread on here that was started by a liberal, unless you consider this thread poster's intent to be liberal leaning. I didn't take it that way. He simply was saying he was over it. Other than that, all the political threads (that I have noticed and I'll admit I haven't seen them all nor would that be realistic) have been right-wing instigated.

Yeah, I know what you mean, they seem to be pretty quite theses days after what they did to this country.

keep it green,
Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Exactly Jason, ...that is why I don't go there and why I only post here very occasionally. I am just not interested in being associated with that kind of crap. The head nut may not think it is a reflection on him but for me, and a lot of others, it very much is.

John

Thats really throwing the baby out with the bath water there John....

johng

Omono
Reaction score
I'm sorry you think so Al... I personally think it is just a symptom of a bigger problem that has long been the Achilles heal of this forum. Who knows...perhaps that is the vision..or maybe this is just a social experiment:)

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I propose we change the name of this forum so people know what they're getting themselves into right upfront. How about "Bonsai Right-Wing-Nuts"!?

Top Bottom