NOTE to Self...

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
NOTE to self, tie down my top-heavy trees. A Microburst came out of nowhere today and blew over about ten of my trees. We had wind gusts of 40 -50 mph, hail and severe lightning. One of my big junis blew over on top of an azalea in a grow box and upheaved it. Also had a Boxwood Grove blow off its stand and found it on the ground next to its pot. Need to make a trip tomorrow and pick up some bungie cords. I was in the garage working on my Box Store Challenge entry when the bad weather hit so at least it's okay :)

Attachments

• DSCF2778.jpg
    DSCF2778.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF2779.jpg
    DSCF2779.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 76

bonsaiBlake

Chumono
Reaction score
Bering sea, AK Orginally from Vancover, wa
Oh man what a bummer. I hope there wasnt much damage.

Your entering the intermeadiate category. . . Judging by those benches and some of those trees i think you should bump up. . :D Nice lookin stuff.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh man Vin...I hope you didn't have much damage from that...doesn't look good. :(

Other than the azalea and boxwood mostly the damage was limited to broken branches. I've got over a year in the boxwood and Russell Coker helped me on the azalea so I hope they make it. I cut my grass earlier in the day and it was sunny and hot. This hit fast so I didn't have time to move anything and there was lightning popping really close to the house. Let's just say I was concerned, very concerned.

Top Bottom