Nothing but a wisteria bloom

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
I had camera in hand trying to shoot a gray catbird and it was getting dark. I turned and saw one of the wisteria blooms and thought I would try to shoot a macro with a telephoto. Posted is the untouched RAW converted to jpeg and compressed/scaled so I could post here. I was stunned to see such whacked shallow depth of field. The blur around the focus point was way more than I had hoped to get - it falls out of focus on the bloom itself.

Shot on a Canon 40D with a 70-200 f/2.8 with a 2x extender.

The pine with single strand of spanish moss is a teaser. I'm slow next week so I think I may shoot some trees. Or even work on them.

Attachments

• wisteria zoom macro.jpg
    wisteria zoom macro.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 69
  • pine with moss.jpg
    pine with moss.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 57

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Photoshop is your friend...

wist_zoom.jpg

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sometimes you take a photo, you frame them just right and when you look at them later we sometimes are amazed at just what we did. The depth in your bloom is amazing. On a recent trip to Oregon for 8 days I took this photo back in Fern Canyon. When I got home and added them to my computer I was blown away at this shot. It is surreal, almost other worldly. I am printing the photo in 8x 10 and entering it in the County fair in the juried art section. I think I may have a shot this time with this photo. This photo is still way compressed to post here.

Nikon D-50
18-200mm lens
F/3.5 at 1/60th of a second

Attachments

• DSC_03411.jpg
    DSC_03411.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Sometimes you take a photo, you frame them just right and when you look at them later we sometimes are amazed at just what we did. The depth in your bloom is amazing. On a recent trip to Oregon for 8 days I took this photo back in Fern Canyon. When I got home and added them to my computer I was blown away at this shot. It is surreal, almost other worldly. I am printing the photo in 8x 10 and entering it in the County fair in the juried art section. I think I may have a shot this time with this photo. This photo is still way compressed to post here.

Nikon D-50
18-200mm lens
F/3.5 at 1/60th of a second

Nice. Would you email me the uncompressed photo, I would love to see it as you see it. Man I really need to get out there to see Oregon.

Top Bottom