Nova bonsai garden

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Another lean-to on the other side can sure come in handy.
Agreed. I thought about adding one to the design, but I thought I’d wait to see how my use of the space is and what my needs are before I add it. Could be I need more studio space, so I enclose the shed roof on the other side. Could be I need more protected storage space and I just want another shed roof. Could be I don’t use it at all. I figured I’d wait and add the space if necessary down the line.

- S

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Agreed. I thought about adding one to the design, but I thought I’d wait to see how my use of the space is and what my needs are before I add it. Could be I need more studio space, so I enclose the shed roof on the other side. Could be I need more protected storage space and I just want another shed roof. Could be I don’t use it at all. I figured I’d wait and add the space if necessary down the line.

- S

Isn't one of the laws of nature "you'll always need more space?" Or "however much space you have, you'll find a way to fill it." Maybe you're more organized than me but I find it amazing how I managed to fill up an entire barn so quickly. Decent sized barn, too.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the spectacular property you've acquired!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Isn't one of the laws of nature "you'll always need more space?" Or "however much space you have, you'll find a way to fill it." Maybe you're more organized than me but I find it amazing how I managed to fill up an entire barn so quickly. Decent sized barn, too.
LOL - it’s true Chris. But considering I’m moving from a small corner of my garage now to a 720 sq ft barn with a loft and a 10‘ overhang seems massive. But it’s nice to have room to grow if I need it. One never knows. I’m thinking it’s enough though - especially considering we have another barn going in on the property. More on that one later…..

- S

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Progress this week:
  1. Nominally agreed on price and final design options with the barn builder and waiting on a final contract. He thinks he might be able to get started around March 1
  2. Met with a well driller and started permitting the well. We’re probably looking at 2-3 months out for the driller. They’re very busy.
  3. Set up an appointment with the power provider to discuss a temporary service drop to the barn. I’ll also get an estimate to run permanent power there. Once I have that as. Cost comparison, we’ll make a final decision on the solar install.
Scott

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Progress this week:
  1. Nominally agreed on price and final design options with the barn builder and waiting on a final contract. He thinks he might be able to get started around March 1
  2. Met with a well driller and started permitting the well. We’re probably looking at 2-3 months out for the driller. They’re very busy.
  3. Set up an appointment with the power provider to discuss a temporary service drop to the barn. I’ll also get an estimate to run permanent power there. Once I have that as. Cost comparison, we’ll make a final decision on the solar install.
Scott
Making progress, sounds like it's going to be awesome when it's all finished.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
A little help here?? I’m looking for strategies to tell when my hobbies have gotten out of hand…

72DCE35D-9112-41D7-B430-77E5F39381A0.jpeg

Today I’m moving pots, soil, fertilizer, etc. The barn is not done, but it’s permitted and we’ll be breaking ground soon. I’ll store this temporarily in the shed and move it to the barn when it’s complete.

Scott

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A little help here?? I’m looking for strategies to tell when my hobbies have gotten out of hand…

View attachment 423454

Today I’m moving pots, soil, fertilizer, etc. The barn is not done, but it’s permitted and we’ll be breaking ground soon. I’ll store this temporarily in the shed and move it to the barn when it’s complete.

Scott
I see a couple of those bags with my name on them.....when can I pick them up 😁

Zerobear

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

View attachment 423454

Scott
Only problem I see is help needed to unload the truck.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Oh - one other thing. I’ve made the barn a bit larger - going from 20’x36’ to 24’x36’. It’ll make it easier to park the tractor or the truck in there if I need to.

- S

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Oh - one other thing. I’ve made the barn a bit larger - going from 20’x36’ to 24’x36’. It’ll make it easier to park the tractor or the truck in there if I need to.

- S
Add that extra lean to and you'll have plenty of space to store "our" bags of substrate 😁

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

- S
Where are you putting the boat? The ATV and the ride em Mower? Is there room for a project car? Something that was popular when you were a teenager.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Let me get this straight. You are going to put a tractor in your bonsai workshop? Let the tractor find a barn of its own. o_O
Seriously looking forward to meeting you neighbor.
Lol. I can definitely see some advantages of being able to unload the back of my truck from inside the garage!!!

Top Bottom