Now THAT'S a spider!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Every now and then my wife calls on me to "remove" spiders from the house. She wasn't too happy when I showed up with this guy at one of my son's swim meets :)

spider.jpg

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
:cool: Bug freak too?
My mom used to goad me into playing w/ bugs etc., she would join right in, she wasn't a girly girl when it came to things like this. Had a teacher (middle school I think) that had a tarantula encased in plastic, she got it when in the peach ccorp. in South america somewhere. Think of all the bugs it will eat, pet or find it in your bannanna's?

Last edited:

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hm, hard to tell from the picture just how big it is. Could you please put your hand next to the spider for reference next time? :p

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Lol I’m not scared of much I guess, but. Monster spiders I’m not too fond of lol ,

Here’s a better reference this is a 2x6 top rail .. not that big but big enough for me lol

My dad calls every snake he sees a copperrattlemocasin

63242953-EEC2-4B30-AC5F-6C377495FBBA.jpeg

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I think it’s a wolf spider , pretty harmless really , I actually was standing there looking at one of my trees with my hand on the rail, almost shit myself lol

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
We get those Banana spiders (gold silk orb weavers-thanks wiki!) down here. Things remind me of the bugs from the movie Starship Troopers. Luckily they dont just go walking around, seem to prefer to stay up high so they can catch flying bugs...or birds?!?

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yea used to always see those when I away a kid running around on the farm , they have cool webs , and do get quite large

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to play baseball. Stopped right before high school. In the dugouts there'd always be a these large brown spiders with velvety fur/hair whatever it is. As a little kid all I thought was that these spiders were incredibly soft to touch. I'm surprised I never got bit during my childhood years of impulsively picking up poisonous arachnids.

Bees are a different case and boy have I been stung a lot.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bees are a different case and boy have I been stung a lot.

I used to catch honey bees and bumble bees bare handed all the time as a kid. The only time I got stung was trying to catch a yellow jacket. I would catch them with one hand and line them up width wise to my hand. The yellow jacket turned as I grabbed him.

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Pff, those aren't spiders, this is a spider.
jNeAIjI.jpg

Top Bottom