Nuclear Power...

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think the idea being expressed is -----------

what did it take to make the panels ----------- power, chemicals etc........
what does it take to a maintain the panels, battery, etc.

We have already had to pull down 5 Chinese panels and 3 inverters
to fix and what did we dump in the garbage ....................

The inverters have to be board coated due to Tropical Atmosphere
and use in a none airconditioner environment.
The exterior patio, used to eat televisions, just because of moisture.

No easy situations, just perhaps a new fascination for new technology
aka toys.
Like the 8 track, or cassettes ..............

I like the Tolkien version ---------- waver de wand ------ summon de
energy, where is dah Sorce :)
Good Day
Anthony ------ dah fixer.

Random User

Reaction score
Yep, I believe in all of them, they just aren't practical in all regions of the world... here, a short hop to a larger centre is a near 2hour+ drive (one way), at times, in -35C temps.

I'm glad to know that you can make this work and obviously, you've put some thought into your choice.

americanelmer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Obviously your knowledge on the topic is as barren as your opinion... nuff said.

Easy for you to say O great Omnipotent one! You and Frary of course are completly correct and I bow to your "knowledge", and "experience".

You guys make me laugh, your heads are so far up your you know whats they probably will never be able to come out!
:p:p:p:p
You just don't get it and you don't know why!

To coin a phrase --"You are why Donald Trump is President"
A_E

americanelmer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
"We own a 100% electric car that is 100% powered by solar panels on our roof. My wife hasn't been to a gas station in 6 months."

That's great. How much taxpayer subsidy did you get for the solar and how much for the car?

How many days could your solar panels power your car at Frary's house in the northern tundra?
How many days in Seattle?

Problem is the renewable energy folks are quite selective in their success stories. Life don't work that way.

A_E

Random User

Reaction score
To coin a phrase --"You are why Donald Trump is President"

#1, I am not even a citizen of the U.S.A, so how could it be that I had anything to do with DT becoming President? #2. If you read anything that Frary has written, you'd probably already know that he dislikes D.T. with as much passion as this site will allow him to express.

I like one of the quotes that Elena has on her site: "someone as dumb as this concrete sewage pipe can operate this device"... it appears to me that she was talking about you and your computer Elmer.

americanelmer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
"#1, I am not even a citizen of the U.S.A,"
How the hell is anyone supposed to know that?

I thank all that is good in the world that you aren't here.

Frary's dislike and his spewing about it is why Donald Trump is OUR President" We don't care what you think if you are not a citizen.
Go screw up what ever country you live in. We have enough guys like Frary in our country to bitch and complain about OUR country.

We cast off our connection on enlightend Europeans in 1776 and then we had to rescue them from other "Enlightend" European lunatics Twice In the last century. You Europeans weren't enlightend then and you still aren't

Random User

Reaction score
You're that percentile of Floridians that Adam Carolla speaks about in his "Germany or Florida" segments ain't-cha... lol

"Go screw up whatever country I live in?" How am I ever going to "go" somewhere that I already "am"?... you have to be a first-rate friggin moron not to realize that you're on the Internet, there is no dominion here (domestically speaking) other than what B'Nut and any other administrator on this site chooses to be "their" domain... you, are as much of a foreigner here as I am, and, as everyone else is...

... by the way, how is old Donald doing as Pres? LMAO

Random User

Reaction score
"Technically speaking", you are responding to me, on a thread that I started, so "technically speaking" YOU are more of a foreigner here than I... and since the thread is/was intended to be about nuclear power, where does all this Trump talk fit in?

Random User

Reaction score
I hope B'Nut remembers what you just said when you get to your 10,000th post... "Glorious Supreme Leader"

Random User

Reaction score
I'm curious bonsaidave, did you look through Elena's site at all?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
where does all this Trump talk fit in?
It's all he knows. His Russian handlers have him so brainwashed be can't even find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight anymore.
And you're right. I do not like Trump nor his lies. But I don't really say much anymore. I'm just waiting for him to die soon.
I thought Elmer had already died.
Oh well. He will soon enough.
He's old,decrepit and insane.
Florida is where old people go to die so he's at least half way there.
You got to give these poor souls a break. They were fake news'd. Their minds aren't their own anymore.
The reason people like Fudd don't like people like me is he's a scared old man bitch. They are easily swayed into doing things by others smarter than themselves by playing on their fears. His fears are non white people,women,smart people and science. Oh and also pooping himself in public again having forgotten to wear his incontinence undergarments under his housecoat.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm curious bonsaidave, did you look through Elena's site at all?

I will poke around more sometime this week. I just visited for a moment and I have gone through this site long ago when it was just Chernobyl info. Glad to see more updates and some stuff from Fukushima too.

Thanks for the links, elenafilatova.com . Even if someone doesn't care about Chernobyl, or nuclear disasters, the photographs on the site are really cool and worth looking through.

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Russian handlers... brainwashed... die soon... old people go... die... Their minds aren't their own.... scared old... bitch... non white people,women... pooping... in public...

Someone has been watching Chris Matthews live again. ???

Random User

Reaction score
It's all he knows. His Russian handlers have him so brainwashed be can't even find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight anymore.
And you're right. I do not like Trump nor his lies. But I don't really say much anymore. I'm just waiting for him to die soon.
I thought Elmer had already died.
Oh well. He will soon enough.
He's old,decrepit and insane.
Florida is where old people go to die so he's at least half way there.
You got to give these poor souls a break. They were fake news'd. Their minds aren't their own anymore.
The reason people like Fudd don't like people like me is he's a scared old man bitch. They are easily swayed into doing things by others smarter than themselves by playing on their fears. His fears are non white people,women,smart people and science. Oh and also pooping himself in public again having forgotten to wear his incontinence undergarments under his housecoat.

Who'd-a thought that it'd take a nut-bar from Florida to get Frary and I to agree on anything... and don't get any ideas Mike, if you're planning to work in a sleep-over at my house, the answer is "NO!"

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That's great. How much taxpayer subsidy did you get for the solar and how much for the car?

None for the car. Can't say how much for the solar panels... because it was a cash-up-front lease where we paid in advance for everything.

I find it amusing that you call it a "taxpayer subsidy" when it is MY money. I'm the "taxpayer". The government simply says - we believe in developing our solar infrastructure so for one year you can spend $x on solar for your home instead of $x that goes to the Federal government to be spent randomly. If you've got an issue with it - change the program or elect representatives who will. Don't blame me for taking advantage of the same government program you could take advantage of.

Certainly better than the taxpayer subsidy to bail out GM... which cost taxpayers $11- $12 billion... and I will never own a GM car, so it was my money down the drain.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Who'd-a thought that it'd take a nut-bar from Florida to get Frary and I to agree on anything... and don't get any ideas Mike, if you're planning to work in a sleep-over at my house, the answer is "NO!"
You know your weather is a lot like mine. I'd probably feel right at home.
How's the mosquito situation?

Random User

Reaction score
Hot, dry, no mosquitoes... however, a series of rains within a reasonable time-frame and they are hard to distinguish from the Canada Geese, although the exoskeleton allows them to be cleaned with a little less difficulty... cut off the head, step on the ass, and it all comes out like squeezing a tube of toothpaste... but I've heard that once they feed off of a Michiganite, they are a rather foul snack... I can tell they are tainted by the red-rim that they get around the eyes (probably due to an alergic reaction).

Top Bottom