Nurseries Near Miami, FL

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hey all,

I'll be flying into the Miami area in November and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on great nurseries in the area. Wigerts is about 3 hours away, so not great, but possibly doable.

I think Miami Tropical Bonsai recently closed? If I recall? Anything else you all recommend in the area?

jeffapana

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Miami tropical closed and wigert bought their inventory. Dragon tree is probably as far from Miami as wigert. Those 2 have vastly better inventory than anything closer.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Miami is on the opposite coast of Florida than Wigerts. Google map it and see what works out best for you.
Dragon Tree is probably less driving but WIgerts has a bigger selection, but you have to cross the state to get to Wigerts.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I recommend Wigert's ,
Wigert's is 160 miles from downtown Miami, but well worth the trip. When I visit relatives in Sarasota, I make the time to travel to Wigerts. Their selection of bonsai pottery alone is worth the drive. They stock pottery from Japan, and EU artists and a number of American Artists. It is a fascinating nursery to visit.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
www.hfimports.com.

Its a whole sale nursery but open to the public and great prices on Chinese pots and they have tons and tons of trees for cheap, a lot of ficus and stuff to play around but nothing really. last time I was there a few year ago I flew back with 6 Walmart plastic totes full of trees and pots lol.

Top Bottom