Nursery between Baltimore and Outerbanks

cship4885

Seedling
Reaction score
I will be making the trip to Outerbanks and back to baltimore on Sept. 3rd and Sept. 10th. Does anyone know of any good and moderately priced (they have material for $100 or less and not the type of stuff on brussels site) nurseries along this route. We go down 95 towards richmond then hop on 64 and then to 168 around chesapeake virginia. I'd be willing to deviate maybe up to an hour. Travel dates are saturday as well so they would have to be open saturday.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Try Gardens Unlimited in Ladysmith VA (off of I-95 between Richmond and Fredericksburg). The guys that run it are really great, and they have a fantastic collection to see as well. They generally don't carry sticks in pots though, but do have lots of shimpakus of all sizes from one-gallon on up as well as maples and some other varieties.

I would call ahead to make sure that they will be there the weekend you are driving down.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Give rockm a pm he's all over that area and can probably give you directions, I think.

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Yep,
Gardens Unlimited is a good bet. I think they are open on Saturdays but you do need to call ahead.

Bob O

discusmike

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Julian Adams is in Lynchburg,VA.Dont know if thats way out of the way.

Top Bottom