Nursery between Fayetteville NC and DC?

AlissaMoo

Seedling
Reaction score
Driving from Fayetteville NC to Washington, DC. Does anyone know if there are any nuseries I should stop at along the way to pick up some trees?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Driving from Fayetteville NC to Washington, DC. Does anyone know if there are any nuseries I should stop at along the way to pick up some trees?
Best bonsai nursery in the DC/VA region--Gardens Unlimited in Ladysmith, off of I 95 past Kings Dominion. High end trees. They don't have a web site. Open on Saturdays.

AlissaMoo

Seedling
Reaction score
Meehan's miniatures is a little north of DC. I have neevr been there myself but a couple folks on here have picked up some good material there
Thank you!

AlissaMoo

Seedling
Reaction score
Best bonsai nursery in the DC/VA region--Gardens Unlimited in Ladysmith, off of I 95 past Kings Dominion. High end trees. They don't have a web site. Open on Saturdays.
Thank you!

skyrat

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I second the rec of Meehan's Minature's, they have a great selection of pre-bonsai and accent plants (they have finished trees too but I think their real strength is the selection of DYI material.) I've bought more from them over the years than probably any other nursery.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought these guys quit the bonsai business?
They were the best ive seen in the usa tho...
They're still in the biz, but only for very high end trees.

Julian Adams is great. I've gotten a few things from him over the years when he is at the PBA show in DC. I've never been to his place though.

Rubberbandman

Yamadori
Reaction score
ahhhh man that stinks.....i have picked up very nice starter material from them years ago....but dont have the money for high end trees, which i assume have a high end price correct?
ARGHH!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ahhhh man that stinks.....i have picked up very nice starter material from them years ago....but dont have the money for high end trees, which i assume have a high end price correct?
ARGHH!
Yeah. Prices are pretty high, and it will probably take some convincing to get them to part with the stuff they have. Their main business now is designing and installing Japanese and Asian-themed gardens. They just recently completed for Mary Washington University. A couple of years ago they designed and installed a native plant garden on Capitol Hill at the U.S. Botanic Garden greenhouse.
https://www.fredericksburg.com/news...cle_97e4f349-88a9-567a-aee7-e6158069b52d.html

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I found a decent place in Richmond called Stranges nursery.....now this is a decent place for starter material....some of it looks imported possibly??
B>
The Great Big Greenhouse in Richmond has some good stuff too. I found it to have a bit more selection than Stranges and that was in December?i think...

Top Bottom