Nursery or bonsai exhibit recommendations in Boston.

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Hi all,
will be in Boston for a week end of the month and would love to visit couple of nurseries that might have some good bonsai material. I'm still checking if it's ok to pick up a tree and fly back with it as well as if its oko to fly with some acadama soil maybe couple of gallons for the nicer trees as we don't get it here.
So appreciate any info on good nurseries or other places to vist.
Thanks.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'm still checking if it's ok to pick up a tree and fly back with it
I brought one back from Florida. It was my husband's "personal item". ;)

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I was lucky enough to water the bonsai collection at the Arnold Arboretum for an entire summer back in the 1980's during my college years, and I visited both bonsai nurseries many, many, many times during the beginning of my bonsai journey starting back in the mid 1990's through 2009 when I moved away. They are not in Boston proper but approximately an hour long car ride from the downtown area, and are in my opinion, still 2 of the best bonsai specialty nurseries in the country. With that being said, your timing may be unfortunate because the New England Bonsai will be closed until 2/22/20, and the Lars Anderson collection at the Arboretum is likely put away in winter storage. Still, if you're lucky, you'll get to visit both nurseries, eat some wonderful seafood and enjoy the local ambiance... if you're really lucky, you'll get to experience a Nor'easter!!
https://www.weather.gov/safety/winter-noreaster. I've lived through many and miss them... but I don't miss the aftermath. Bring your boots!!

Top Bottom