Nursery Privet

S

strahinja

I was wondering if anyone had some advice for me as to what to do with these 2 privets. Ive had some experience with bonsai and am somewhat familiar with the techniques. What im wondering is whether i should cut the branches all the way to the trunk and start fresh or keep these branches? How do i develop them to form more detailed and elegant ramification, if i keep them? I just got them from the nursery 2 days ago, and removed maybe a quarter of the foliage that was sticking out on top and some of the larger leaves. Should i wait to re-pot, so as to not stress them further? How do I work on reducing the leave?. Just pluck the big ones? And finally, should i make any big cuts? For example should i cut the large right most branch on the curvy trunked one? If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. This is the best material i could find and don't wanna ruin it.

Attachments

• bonsai1.jpg
    bonsai1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 82
  • bonsai2.jpg
    bonsai2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 73
  • bonsai3.jpg
    bonsai3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 59

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is a nice tree in there imo, but only after removing some major branches. Privet are finicky bastards here even as hedge plants but that seems to be resulting from the weather, not the plant, you've a very nice platform for an informal upright in there.

Top Bottom