Nursery Sources in Central FL

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Can anyone recommend some good central FL locations to purchase some well-developed, hardy nursery plants for future bonsai?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can anyone recommend some good central FL locations to purchase some well-developed, hardy nursery plants for future bonsai?
Highly recommend D & L Nursery. David and Linda are knowledgeable and friendly. They carry a good variety of specimen and pre-bonsai trees.

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I found a couple of thing at Spirit Road Nursery just outSide of Winter Haven

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Orchard Supply Hardware, 1111 S Orlando Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
https://winterpark.org/list/member/orchard-supply-hardware-winter-park-58880
It's a boutique store, on S. Orlando Avenue in Winter Park - west side of the road, south of Lake Killarney. A few weeks ago they were stocking Black Olive and Barbados Cherry in three or five gallon pots. These are not pre-bonsai, rather straight nursery plants. I only spent a few minutes in there, as I was on my way to a meeting, but was definitely impressed with the varieties of unique plants and other cool hardware and garden stuffs they had. The kind of place you could easily nerd out in for hours. Will definitely be dropping back in there when I'm in the area. In that same general area, in a strip mall, there's a martial arts/bonsai place on the same side of the road (didn't stop there).

bonsai-ben

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
There are only (3) places, Schley, D&L, and Adam's. You asked for hardy trees. You should still add Wigerts to the list, must see. Drive sucks but you forget about that once you are there :) :) :)

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Hi, you mentioned Adam's. Does he sell trees please? Thank you.

Top Bottom