Nursery stock juniper - slip pot in larger basket or not?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There’s your wiring mistake:

F843854B-8E02-4910-B1CE-B69795F90F37.jpeg

See where I’ve circled in yellow? Your wire goes right into the crotch that’s formed by the branch on the left and the trunk. That wire should go around the trunk before going up the trunk. Look at each intersection as a Y. The wire should not pass between the two V branches, but should go o around them. You’ll know you’ve done it right if one branch has wire going clockwise, and the other counter-clockwise.

Edited to add: you did it again on that left branch.

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There’s your wiring mistake:

View attachment 267901

See where I’ve circled in yellow? Your wire goes right into the crotch that’s formed by the branch on the left and the trunk. That wire should go around the trunk before going up the trunk. Look at each intersection as a Y. The wire should not pass between the two V branches, but should go o around them. You’ll know you’ve done it right if one branch has wire going clockwise, and the other counter-clockwise.

@Adair M as usual said better it than my post

Storm87

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I like the right hand side. I am not sure on the left. It is difficult to see your vision there. The wire wrapping the right trunk does not look anchored. It looks clockwise from start to finish unless it is counterclockwise 9n the branch coming forwards.
Thx for your reaction. As for the right trunk; it's anchored to the (unpruned) branch coming towards you.
As a beginner it's quit hard to work from a vision (I guess that's what you develop with practice over time), therefore I took an example with more or less the same branche structure.

Storm87

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

Thx for the feedback. I'll keep your tip about Y and V in mind next time!

Top Bottom