Nursery Stock Juniper Still Going Strong

JRDillWFM

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I picked this nursery stock up in October of 2017, shortly after my first bonsai class. I took my first workshop with a well known artist at the end of September, days after becoming interested in bonsai. I had no idea what I was doing, but he took the time to walk me through what to look for in nursery stock, so I went out the following weekend and picked up this guy. Not the best material by any means, but at 70% off it was a steal. And, even after butchering it and then re-potting it four months later (yikes), it has grown well for two years now. Just an appreciation to this forum for teaching me patience and how to do little, but impactful, things with my trees while just letting them grow.

I want to pick out a pot for this guy, but not sure what direction to go. Any suggestions? I most likely wont re-pot until next year so I can get a little more growth out of it before wiring/styling. I am definitely open to any suggestions on these plans! I'm still learning and I want to dp what's best for the tree.

October 2017

January 2020

Just letting these whips grow and grow! I'm aiming for a semi-cascade, ending around the bottom of this training pot in the first photo.

Top Bottom