Oak sticks in a box

Reaction score
3 year ago i pulled out some young quercus robur for a forrest. I thought it would be nice to have a forrest of oak because you don't see them that much. 1 of them didn't survived.
IMG_4503.JPG
The next year we created this.
IMG_5457.JPG
IMG_6055.JPG
IMG_7935.JPG

If a started this again i would do it completely different. It starting to irritate me, trees with movement and trees without. Positions are okay but not interesting in my opinion.
And finally there are buds back on the trunk. Pffff

In other words Lets start again.:p

Reaction score
well there are some nice trees in your forest, I would re pot into two smaller groups and arrange them more to your now greater experience

Reaction score
well there are some nice trees in your forest, I would re pot into two smaller groups and arrange them more to your now greater experience
Thats why i giving it a second change. Those with bark are interesting. My idea is bringing them closer together and the younger ones further out.

Rodrigo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Other than the trees with and without motion, and maybe the positioning, how else would you do it differently? I'm working on a forest myself so I'd be interested to learn from someone who already tried it once.

Bonsaihead

Mame
Reaction score
yeah I would be interested in knowing what you would do different as well seeing I'm about to start a Chinese elm forest. Not much info on the net in regards to Forest plantings.

Reaction score
1: keep them longer in those flower pot
2: being more selective
3: i visited danny use, and looked at his Yose ue.

Butt indeed there is really not much on the net about forrest.

in my opinion there are waaaaaaaay more experienced people on this forum who know how to make a good forrest.

There are some guidelines.

main tree, second tree (and prehaps a 3de tree) filled up with other ones.
never 3 in a row. never an even amount of trees(?)

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks good, I hope to start a forest one day I need to keep studying though. What are you using for the pot?

Reaction score
Looks good, I hope to start a forest one day I need to keep studying though. What are you using for the pot?
Thanks, it's a crate where i get vegetables in for my restaurant. But i starting too hate them and pound baskets too. It dry's to quick on my roof.

Top Bottom