Oak style Privet

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
This is my Privet ive had a year in oct and its progression during that period, its been styled to look like an old gnarly Oak tree, the carving was done a few weeks ago, the front is all deadwood..

rm727c.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

BOWTHORPE1.jpg

trees-bowthorpe-oak-countrytravel-allaboutyou.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

The branches are still juvenile and need another season or two of free growth before ill clip them back, can do some refinement carving in time..

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Did you get this one from Graham Potter? That looks like the coffee cup he always uses for scale in the first photo...

Great start to this one, looks like it'll develop nicely. Love those gnarly carved trunks you can do with these plants.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Cheers buddy, Yes this is from Graham potter's website, Privets do make great bonsai, especially good for carving, ive followed the progression of yours too:cool:

brewmeister83

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Cheers buddy, Yes this is from Graham potter's website, Privets do make great bonsai, especially good for carving, ive followed the progression of yours too:cool:

Thanks! That biggie is getting a repot and some massive carving come spring of '16 - It'll be sooo nice to reduce the weight on that thing by hollowing it out - last time I checked my back's not getting any younger.... Must be nice to be able to pick this one up without a forklift :p

Top Bottom