6b
Very impressive architecture.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
ow no for sure! You removed the branche that makes this tree unique!
I was going to point out that this dropped branch, that is originating from the inside of a curve and "breaking a rule", is the most important branch on the tree, creating a more dynamic image and emphasizing the flow of the tree. The tree is significantly better with that branch then without.... love it!

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for posting this tree/pot/stand combo, it is awesome. This is what I was trying to describe in the stand build off, doing the American style. Rustic and old looking, perfect!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
11B
Thought? Lousy idea!😖
I didnt say the tree its better without it I just wanted to see how it looked without the branch 😂 I agree that although the branch its not orthodox growing inside the curve the tree its better with it

Last edited:

Marco B

Mame
Reaction score
Belgium 2022? Or 2023?
Haha Thanks LB, and all others! The tree has to become much more mature. Even the shape isnt the final yet, branches have to thicken and it needs much more small branches…
I hope to be closer to that in about 4-5 years… so maybe you can see the tree at the Trophy in ‘26, if i’m lucky enough to get the tree selected.
Maybe I can show him next year in Delft?

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It looks like a lady in a dress bowing and offering something. Then there's a tiny giant oak tree growing out of the back of her head!

Crazy tree! 🤩

Top Bottom