Of Toads and other Pets

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That one looks pretty well kept for a stray but awww kitty.
I thought so too but it acts like it's starving. Just wondering if it's prego... I don't think it's anybody's pet because it's extremely wild.

Jmen

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hate/love/hate relationship with the tree rodents. Spent way too much time trying to keep them off bird feeders for many years. Later appreciated their treetop acrobatics and fed them for a few years - got to recognize a few. One used to come dine with us on the back porch with its own place setting at the table. Several squirrels and chipmunks were comfortable enough to be hand fed. Happy times.
‘Then more and more rodents came - squirrels everywhere in the yard - on the roof, hanging on door and window screens, sliding down the canopy posts like firemen. Eventually some would hurl themselves against the glass sliding doors if we didn’t get food out early enough.
Last straw was discovering that squirrel claws on Poly furniture leave deep gouges when they fight or get excited. They also don’t seem to have much control over where they leave waste products. We stopped feeding them over past spring/summer and now only have Half-an-ear stopping by a few times a week. Fortunately our garden trees are large enough that squirrel antics weren’t terminal to the plants or our efforts at design.

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi

This is Sausage, My sons cat, He bought a house and this cat walked in and curled up as though it had lived there all it's life!, He thought it belonged to the lady he bought the house from, Unfortunately she was an alcoholic and actually passed away as the sale was going through so his solicitor got hold of the ex husband and it went from there, My son was on face book and someone asked if anyone had been feeding this cat, Yes, It was Sausage!, Apparently it hardly went home as there waqs a house full of kids and dogs, It seems that Sausage went in to anyone's house as and when he felt like it!, He contacted the lady and she said she was happy for him to keep the cat if he wanted so he took him to the vets, had him seen to and chipped, Even had a cat flap fitted in a double glazed french door that's activated by his chip (Stops other cats coming in!), He's a fab cat!!
AeKVhMk.jpg
jP9Lohr.jpg

Here he's ready for a night on the town!! 😂😂
5ttTGBQ.jpg

Our Smokey passed away recently, He was 18 years old and was the most affectionate and sweet puddy tat that ever owned us!, We brought him from the cat shelter in around 2007 👍
yKwbTQJ.jpg

John 👍
My son and wife sold their house, The one they were buying fell through as it needed a heck of a lot of work so Sausage came to live with us until they found a house which was almost a year!!
My wife cried for days when he went, They ended up buying the house that they were supposed to have bought but the seller realised they weren't going to sell it unless they dropped the price substantially to cover repairs, He ended up buying it cheaper than the offer they originally rejected!! ☺️

Sausage when he lived with us!!
cnpvxh4.jpg

jm3fcTt.jpg

John :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My son and wife sold their house, The one they were buying fell through as it needed a heck of a lot of work so Sausage came to live with us until they found a house which was almost a year!!
My wife cried for days when he went, They ended up buying the house that they were supposed to have bought but the seller realised they weren't going to sell it unless they dropped the price substantially to cover repairs, He ended up buying it cheaper than the offer they originally rejected!! ☺️

Sausage when he lived with us!!
cnpvxh4.jpg

jm3fcTt.jpg

John :)
He's a very stern looking fellow.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Our kitty passed in October at 17 years old. So two weeks ago we added a new addition.
His name is Midas, Siamese are so special.View attachment 522739
So sorry for your loss. Ours passed away a year and a half ago. Not sure if we want to get another but we still have all of her stuff, so maybe.....

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So sorry for your loss. Ours passed away a year and a half ago. Not sure if we want to get another but we still have all of her stuff, so maybe.....

Thanks Carol. I of course say, get another! Four legged friends are good for you!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We got a half pet.20230724_051849.jpg

Meow!

Purrfect situation, don't have to feed it, clean after it, or house it!
Though she feeds it, it dumps in the flower bed, and it comes in the house every now and then.😂

Sorce

Top Bottom