Of Toads and other Pets

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Whats GSD?
German Shepherd Dog.
It's the only dog with dog in it's title.
They were called Alsatians at one time also.
During WW2.
People still wanted the dog but not the German reference.
The German Shepherd Dog is to dogs like the lion is to cats.Screenshot9520190206-184211.jpgScreenshot9520190206-184211.jpg

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
German Shepherd Dog.
During WW2.
The German Shepherd Dog is to dogs like the lion is to cats.View attachment 307972View attachment 307972
We used to call them Alsatians like you said.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
DSC_4671.JPG DSC_4677.JPG DSC_4678.JPG
Our neighbor brought this CAT! over !@#$ They have chickens, and 4 dogs
2 are Great Danes and just won't work there. Asked if it was ours. NO! Till it can be sexed it's named Foster, it, and baby.
Dont know if it's a keeper yet or not. I've been happy not to have cat hair floating everywhere.
I've been happy not being woke up by senior cats throughout the night with their chronic issues of old age.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
View attachment 311339 View attachment 311341 View attachment 311342
Our neighbor brought this CAT! over !@#$ They have chickens, and 4 dogs
2 are Great Danes and just won't work there. Asked if it was ours. NO! Till it can be sexed it's named Foster, it, and baby.
Dont know if it's a keeper yet or not. I've been happy not to have cat hair floating everywhere.
I've been happy not being woke up by senior cats throughout the night with their chronic issues of old age.
How can you say no to such a sweet little face?😇 It even likes your tree!😏

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
German Shepherd Dog.
During WW2.
The German Shepherd Dog is to dogs like the lion is to cats.View attachment 307972View attachment 307972

And German police have given up and just get their police dogs from the Netherlands because Germans have unraveled into a political nightmare regarding conflicting ideas about breed identity.

Seems just enough Germans want more show and less go.

Never thought I'd see the day.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
These are the people supposedly interested in keeping the breed work-oriented, but still there is all this OCD DNA purity agenda and not increasing the physical demands of achieving work titles in any meaningful way.

Hip x-rays, DNA tests etc. Missing the point.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
New Member of the Family!
His name is Jameson....Jimmy for short.
20200814_215944.jpg20200814_201309.jpg
My daughter was wanting a new kitty ever since Wilson died after eating a tiger lily.....learned that lesson the hard way.....RIP Wilson, my man!
Her 4th birthday is coming up in a couple weeks....this opportunity to save a kitty from a rough existence on a farm where they breed Rottweiler dogs.
Zero dollars....perfect timing.....I'll take it!

Jimmy has been with me for half a day, and already is showing signs of being a good one.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
New Member of the Family!
His name is Jameson....Jimmy for short.
View attachment 323005View attachment 323006
My daughter was wanting a new kitty ever since Wilson died after eating a tiger lily.....learned that lesson the hard way.....RIP Wilson, my man!
Her 4th birthday is coming up in a couple weeks....this opportunity to save a kitty from a rough existence on a farm where they breed Rottweiler dogs.
Zero dollars....perfect timing.....I'll take it!

Jimmy has been with me for half a day, and already is showing signs of being a good one.
How adorable is that little face! Looks like your little girl will have a happy birthday and somebody to grow up with.

Top Bottom