Of Toads and other Pets

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Sometimes when I take out my two huge mastiffs, I dream that I am an emperor crossing Rome in his chariot after another victory.

The crowd cheers me and moves away as my splendid horses gallop at full speed .
Some ambitious women try to throw me flower bouquets .

I savor this moment until I hear my wife's voice behind me, which suddenly brings me back to reality:
" You took the bag to pick up the poo ? "

20201028_090105.jpg

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We never fluffed the tree this year since the lights don't work.
I've patched them up several times over the years, ordered a new one yesterday.
Now, since our 6 month old kitten is chewing the glass bulbs, I didn't even try to patch it this year.
Was a gorgeous tree when properly fluffed. That was earlier this week...

...NOW! My heart sinks even more.
DSC_5245.JPGDSC_5247.JPG
It's a hinged tree, branches hinge on an aluminum rivet, and he climbed them up to where the top is just in place
making a flat for him to lay on where the top is not folded down beside the socks there.
@HorseloverFat not decorating the bottom won't fix this. A guy I work with said bullets are cheap, but that's not an option.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
We never fluffed the tree this year since the lights don't work.
I've patched them up several times over the years, ordered a new one yesterday.
Now, since our 6 month old kitten is chewing the glass bulbs, I didn't even try to patch it this year.
Was a gorgeous tree when properly fluffed. That was earlier this week...

...NOW! My heart sinks even more.
View attachment 340441View attachment 340442
It's a hinged tree, branches hinge on an aluminum rivet, and he climbed them up to where the top is just in place
making a flat for him to lay on where the top is not folded down beside the socks there.
@HorseloverFat not decorating the bottom won't fix this. A guy I work with said bullets are cheap, but that's not an option.
*Talking to Animals voice* “Aawwwww! He is SO sassy, but also VERY nice and cute, yes!”

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
*Talking to Animals voice* “Aawwwww! He is SO sassy, but also VERY nice and cute, yes!”
LOL yes I'm delighted how tender he is playing with his paws, but those teeth are sharp.
Sassy, he'll fight ya if you scold him with a tap, and or belligerently continue what he was doing, he's a cat.
I gently cradled him and pulled him from the tree and tapped his nose with a sharp scolding voice, and we're all buddies again.
Keeps turning my African violet over to get the rocks out of the drip tray for hockey play. That breaks the leaves off,
so I'm going to Petco today and get another bottle of spray. Ordered a Balsam Hill 7.5' Durango Douglas Fir yesterday. Now sold out.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
LOL yes I'm delighted how tender he is playing with his paws, but those teeth are sharp.
Sassy, he'll fight ya if you scold him with a tap, and or belligerently continue what he was doing, he's a cat.
I gently cradled him and pulled him from the tree and tapped his nose with a sharp scolding voice, and we're all buddies again.
Keeps turning my African violet over to get the rocks out of the drip tray for hockey play. That breaks the leaves off,
so I'm going to Petco today and get another bottle of spray. Ordered a Balsam Hill 7.5' Durango Douglas Fir yesterday. Now sold out.
Lol, it's like having a toddler! Can't leave them alone for a second.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
DSC_5497.JPG
recently neutered (this Monday) still like trying to control lightning sometimes.
...and they said no jumping for 14 days. This cat gets so sideways running across the hardwood
sometimes skids into the wall. Is jumping places we thought he'd never reach, even today.
He doesn't speak English and doesn't know they're gone yet. Never missed a beat by the next day.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
View attachment 344998
recently neutered (this Monday) still like trying to control lightning sometimes.
...and they said no jumping for 14 days. This cat gets so sideways running across the hardwood
sometimes skids into the wall. Is jumping places we thought he'd never reach, even today.
He doesn't speak English and doesn't know they're gone yet. Never missed a beat by the next day.
We would have believed you about the surgery without the "full frontal" view. 😀

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We would have believed you about the surgery without the "full frontal" view. 😀
LOL BUT!...you would've otherwise

seen it as a cute moment when he was crashed out, had I not mentioned.

We just finished playing ball with him, pun intended, he sleeps in the evening often then gets super active at bed time
but you know what, I'm so pleased he lets us sleep till we get up. So far so good :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
LOL BUT!...you would've otherwise

seen it as a cute moment when he was crashed out, had I not mentioned.

We just finished playing ball with him, pun intended, he sleeps in the evening often then gets super active at bed time
but you know what, I'm so pleased he lets us sleep till we get up. So far so good :)
At least he lets you sleep, ours does not understand weekends. She sits outside the bedroom door and cries even though she could come in. Once we get up she goes to sleep, lol.

Top Bottom