Of Toads and other Pets

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Discovered a fun game with the pooch when I'm out watering the trees. Note the dead spots I'm the yard - we're still working on peeing in the woods...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
R.I.P. to our office cat. Some fool (that would be me) started feeding him as a kitten when he showed up at our place. The morning coffee meeting drivers started letting him in the office and that was that. He became one spoiled cat. He's been gone for over a month now, I suspect the new manager killed him. He always hated him and hates cats in general. It's very sad, even the customers loved him. ๐Ÿ˜ขoffice cat.jpgoffice kitty.jpg

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are some visitors to our back garden this summer.

Red-Bellied Woodpecker
72D22EE0-BC69-4336-A38D-C1944981B0B8.jpeg

Red-Breasted Grosbeak
3D6E2485-CFCA-4A3F-98B4-56C4557D9614.jpeg

Blue Jay
D88B9EAB-720F-4FB0-8244-E9937620D1D1.jpeg

Tufted Titmouse
1C4E949B-ED56-40B7-B4B1-770FB7DDE748.jpeg

American Goldfinch
3D631240-EA56-413D-BE5E-29D6EC8198C2.jpeg

Downy Woodpecker
A3C54291-CBAD-48A4-A5F9-064718BEBE3B.jpeg

Northern Cardinal
86CBF230-DC9F-484D-95FA-AB5821547200.jpeg

Monarch Butterfly Caterpillars
5B2A0BDE-D947-471B-AE0B-DAAF6100D381.jpeg
Monarch Butterfly (Attached)

Attachments

• 56C0D834-1E9F-4F94-84C5-1531F944F08D.jpeg
    56C0D834-1E9F-4F94-84C5-1531F944F08D.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 7

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
R.I.P. to our office cat. Some fool (that would be me) started feeding him as a kitten when he showed up at our place. The morning coffee meeting drivers started letting him in the office and that was that. He became one spoiled cat. He's been gone for over a month now, I suspect the new manager killed him. He always hated him and hates cats in general. It's very sad, even the customers loved him. ๐Ÿ˜ขView attachment 389981View attachment 389982
If your neighbor would be most pleased to slash 4 tires and smash windows of new managers car for you๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿคฌ! Very sweet and lovely cat๐Ÿฅฐ.

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I found six Monarch Caterpillars today.
Isn't it wonderful how "wildlife" is attracted to a well kept garden. Back in the day, I first noticed the frogs and salamanders seemed to like the increased moisture levels under my benches. Later, I began to see the butterflies in increasing numbers. These last few years, it been hummingbirds (I suppose it helps to keep the feeders full).
those hummingbirds have taken to roosting, for a moment, in the trees on my benches. Wish I was a better photographer and maybe moved a little faster, it'd be fantastic to have a picture of that tiny bird in one of those trees!

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks like she/he is posing, lol. Pretty kitty.
You can see HIM in his eyes, Cooper eyes ;)
He's very gymnastic, but the biggest scardie cat I've ever seen.
Ears are hitting on all or extra cylinders, hyper sensitive they are.

If your neighbor would be most pleased to slash 4 tires and smash windows of new managers car for you๐Ÿ˜ค...
You're too nice

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Isn't it wonderful how "wildlife" is attracted to a well kept garden. Back in the day, I first noticed the frogs and salamanders seemed to like the increased moisture levels under my benches. Later, I began to see the butterflies in increasing numbers. These last few years, it been hummingbirds (I suppose it helps to keep the feeders full).
those hummingbirds have taken to roosting, for a moment, in the trees on my benches. Wish I was a better photographer and maybe moved a little faster, it'd be fantastic to have a picture of that tiny bird in one of those trees!
Indeed. Weโ€™ve spent the last few years turning our backyard into a bird and pollinator garden. We started by planting common milkweed, then we allowed a few areas to re-wild, added lots of flowering shrubs, and this year we started an Ohio native species garden.
Also several bird feeders and water sources, but thereโ€™s a bird virus thatโ€™s killing birds in this area so weโ€™re advised to hold off on bird feeding for now ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

If you plant it, they will come.
I think Iโ€™m up to 26 identified bird species that have visited our garden, as well as around 10 butterfly/moth species - some identified, some not yet. And a huge amount of other pollinators.

Humming birds are still a rare treat for us - maybe a glimpse every couple weeks. And Iโ€™ve yet to get a decent picture of one. It must be awesome to have them hang around like that!

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi

This is Sausage, My sons cat, He bought a house and this cat walked in and curled up as though it had lived there all it's life!, He thought it belonged to the lady he bought the house from, Unfortunately she was an alcoholic and actually passed away as the sale was going through so his solicitor got hold of the ex husband and it went from there, My son was on face book and someone asked if anyone had been feeding this cat, Yes, It was Sausage!, Apparently it hardly went home as there waqs a house full of kids and dogs, It seems that Sausage went in to anyone's house as and when he felt like it!, He contacted the lady and she said she was happy for him to keep the cat if he wanted so he took him to the vets, had him seen to and chipped, Even had a cat flap fitted in a double glazed french door that's activated by his chip (Stops other cats coming in!), He's a fab cat!!
AeKVhMk.jpg
jP9Lohr.jpg

Here he's ready for a night on the town!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
5ttTGBQ.jpg

Our Smokey passed away recently, He was 18 years old and was the most affectionate and sweet puddy tat that ever owned us!, We brought him from the cat shelter in around 2007 ๐Ÿ‘
yKwbTQJ.jpg

John ๐Ÿ‘

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hi

This is Sausage, My sons cat, He bought a house and this cat walked in and curled up as though it had lived there all it's life!, He thought it belonged to the lady he bought the house from, Unfortunately she was an alcoholic and actually passed away as the sale was going through so his solicitor got hold of the ex husband and it went from there, My son was on face book and someone asked if anyone had been feeding this cat, Yes, It was Sausage!, Apparently it hardly went home as there waqs a house full of kids and dogs, It seems that Sausage went in to anyone's house as and when he felt like it!, He contacted the lady and she said she was happy for him to keep the cat if he wanted so he took him to the vets, had him seen to and chipped, Even had a cat flap fitted in a double glazed french door that's activated by his chip (Stops other cats coming in!), He's a fab cat!!
AeKVhMk.jpg
jP9Lohr.jpg

Here he's ready for a night on the town!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
5ttTGBQ.jpg

Our Smokey passed away recently, He was 18 years old and was the most affectionate and sweet puddy tat that ever owned us!, We brought him from the cat shelter in around 2007 ๐Ÿ‘
yKwbTQJ.jpg

John ๐Ÿ‘
What a fantastic luck cat/mustache combo!

Sorry to hear about Smokey..

The EYES on that cat!

๐Ÿค“

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I put this pic of him on another forum and was told he looked like he had evil eyes!! :oops: He does actually look a bit p**d off in this pic! :D

5GVbY7Q.jpg

Really, He was the softest cat ever!!

John ๐Ÿ‘
That is hilarious, did you run out of cat treats or forget to clean the litter box?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, lotsa personality it appears.

View attachment 391140
My wife emailed this pic to me today, a 5 yr past memory on her phone.
Our precious rag doll like lady. One of the family, lived to 21-22 yrs old.
Our cat likes to sit at the dinner table also, although she doesn't have such refined manners. She tries to swipe food off of my sons plate.

Top Bottom